We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adequate time for next flight from Istanbul to Izmir

sf
Level Contributor
59 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Adequate time for next flight from Istanbul to Izmir

Flight arrives in Istanbul at 13:00 and planning to fly out to Izmir at 15:20. Concerned if there is adequate time to go through customs and pickup luggage and run to next terminal to check in for Onur Air to catch flight out to Izmir. Does custom move quickly and how far away is terminal for Onur Air? Many thanks....

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adequate time for next flight from Istanbul to Izmir

This is...a bit tight tbh.Clearing immigration can take anything from 25-60 minutes depending on how many flights land together.Ideally you need to allow minimum 3 hours between landing and take off.

Domestic check in is 1 hour before take off-so this would be 14.20 for the Onurair flight,so you'd have 1 hour 20 minutes to clear immigration ,collect luggage and walk the 10 -15 minutes to the domestic terminal.

You also need to consider the possibility of a delayed landing on your incoming flight-it does happen.

So...this is...maybe doable if all works in your favour but, it would be rather in the lap of the Gods(a bit white knuckle!)If you can find a flight even 40-45 minutes later it would give you a slightly better window.

sf
Level Contributor
59 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adequate time for next flight from Istanbul to Izmir

Thank you very much for your advise. We will see if a slightly later flight is available just to be safe. A tight scheduled rush is no way to travel unless there aren't any options. Safe travels and thanks again.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adequate time for next flight from Istanbul to Izmir

I agree,a mad panic on arrival is no fun holiday.

It really does depend on the number of flights coming in together.Some people take an hour to clear through if it is really busy yet I've met friends off flights who've cleared through in 20 minutes and have been waiting for me in arrivals wondering what all the fuss was about and why was I late meeting them!

Early morning arrivals generally clear through pretty smartly but by lunch time there are more flights and delays are starting to back up by then, so by the time you arrive it is likely to be rather chaotic.Any flight from 16.00 onwards will be more relaxed for you.

4. Re: Adequate time for next flight from Istanbul to Izmir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 05:17