We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul to Antalya

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
133 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Istanbul to Antalya

Hi, my friend and I are planning to go for a couple of days to Antalya during my upcoming trip to Istanbul. My friend says the easiest and most convenient way to get there is flying, but I'm wondering how expensive would that be in October and if we should book flights since now?

Thank you!

Eliza

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
133 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul to Antalya

Also I forgot to ask: is it warm during mid October? at least 25 C - typically?

Thanks, again!

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,153 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul to Antalya

Hi Eliza, Domestic air travel in Turkey is one of the best travel advantages in the world. Airfare is actually comparable to bus fare, particularly when you take into account the speed. I would probably book my tickets soon because it generally becomes more expensive as your travel date draws nearer.

You can check online with low cost carriers like Onur Air or Pegasus. As a point of comparison, I booked a domestic flight for late September about three weeks ago. I wanted to fly out of Ataturk and into Neveshir, thus making my flight a bit more expensive than it would have been had I taken a flight from Sabina Goken into Kayseri. I also wanted to fly on Turkish Air, which can be just a little more expensive than the LCC. Even with al these extra considerations, I paid less than $150USD for round trip tickets. For the sake of comparison, a similar ticket from Orlando to Atlanta is twice as expensive on a major carrier. If you are happy flying out of SAW on a LCC you should be able to fly for even less.

I think you will enjoy Antalya in October. The beaches will not be crowded with tourists, but everything will still be open. It is a lovely time to visit this spectacular area.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,683 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Istanbul to Antalya

Liza, As DE, Busy-retired says, you will enjoy Antalya in October. On nice sunny days, you can even swim. The best way to reach Antalya is to fly there. If you buy tickets now, here are the sample fares: "skyscanner.com.tr/transport/…". You can find tickets for as low as 37 USD, R/T, Istanbul - Antalya, direct flights (1 hour flight).

good luck,

enigma...

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
133 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Istanbul to Antalya

Dear Busy-retired / Enigma,

I'm in shock! (in a very positive one, of course). I would have never expected them to be this cheap; I'll talk to my friend and, following your advice, book as soon as possible so we can secure these low prices. Oh, I didn't think it was possible to get more exited about this trip, boy was I wrong! :)

Thank you so much to you both!

5. Re: Istanbul to Antalya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 06:18