We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aiport Transfer at TAV Aiport with Different Airlines

Lagos State, Nigeria
2 posts
Save Topic
Aiport Transfer at TAV Aiport with Different Airlines

Please I travelled from TRNC to Nigeria last 3months and I used turkish airlines to go from TRNC to Istanbul and then emirates airlines from Istanbul to Nigeria. Now I am about to go with my return ticket back to TRNC. I have a Nigerian passport and I wanted to know if I would need a turkish visa or transit visa to transfer from the TAV airport at Istanbul to TRNC. I have a Nigerian passport with a valid TRNC visa.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,120 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aiport Transfer at TAV Aiport with Different Airlines

Solo, If you arrive at TAV Airport at the transit area, and wait there for your next flight to TRNC, then you do not need a visa. In other words, you do not go through the immigration and just stay at the transit lounge at the airport between connections. However you need to have all your luggage (if you have any) checked through TRNC at Nigeria and that probably can not be done because they are totally different airlines on separate tickets.. So you should have only a carry on. Also make sure to have your Turkish Airlines boarding pass with you.

good luck,

enigma...

Lagos State, Nigeria
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aiport Transfer at TAV Aiport with Different Airlines

This has helped me a lot, thank you so much @enigma

3. Re: Aiport Transfer at TAV Aiport with Different Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 06:18