We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galata Tower

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Galata Tower

Hi,

We are in Istanbul right now and would like to know how you would get to the Galata Tower from eminonu and taksim? We are staying at the sultanamet suites apartment and we used the tram for the first time today and we're having a problem with the bearings aswell.

Many thanks.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,567 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galata Tower

Aishah, I hope you are enjoying Istanbul. Take the tram from Sultanahmet to Karakoy and across from the tram station there is the one stop metro station called TUNEL. (Golden Horn side). Go there, and get on this very old metro and go up to Tunel end of Istiklal street. Make a right as you come out of station and an immediate right again to Galip Dede street. Walk down a few hundred meters and Galata Tower is on your right.

This is a comfortable way to reach the tower. Otherwise you can walk up the steep hill from Karakoy to the tower.

enjoy Istanbul,

enigma...

Birmingham, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Galata Tower

Hi Aisha

We are in Istanbul at the moment and staying in Sultanahmet area. It is hard finding your way around, if you have wifi I suggest you download an App called Turkey..it has an offline map..so you don't need 3G when out and about ..but can see exactly where you are! We would be totally lost without it... make sure you get the right ferry from Eminou... we ended up in Kadikoy instead of Karakoy! :)

Edited: 18 August 2014, 20:18
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galata Tower

Eminonu and karkakoy is just ine stop away

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,138 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galata Tower

Is there really a ferry that goes from Eminonu to Karakoy? That doesn't seem to make any sense as the two locations are nearly adjacent each other. I did, once, accidentally take the ferry from Eminonu to Uskadar when my intended destination was Kadikoy so it is always wise to look before you get on the ferry.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,138 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galata Tower

RTi78, I cannot locate an APP called Turkey. Is there something else in the title? From where did you obtain it?

6. Re: Galata Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 06:17