We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in Turkey and Croatia

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
10 days in Turkey and Croatia

I am travelling for 11-12 days with one other friend; hoping to do 2 cities in Turkey (Istanbul and Cappadocia?) and 1 city in Croatia, but am open to suggestions. I have never been to either country so would love any suggestions, recommendation on cities to visit, transportation between cities, etc.

Thank you!

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in Turkey and Croatia

Hi,

That city in Croatia should be Dubrovnik. On the other hand, there's plenty of distance btw two countries and there're no direct flights btw IST and DBV. THY offers flights via Zagreb but I advice you another route: Fly to Sarajevo, visit Mostar and than Dubrovnik. Much more interesting than Zagreb.

Alper

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,734 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in Turkey and Croatia

Ssagar, Cappadocia is a region and not a city. There I suggest that you stay at a town called Goreme at Cappadocia. You can check domestic and international flights from "www.skyscanner.com.tr". For your 12 days, I suggest 5 days in Istanbul (4+1), 3 days in Cappadocia, 2 days at Selcuk/Ephesus/Izmir and finally 2 days at the city of Dubrovnik at Croatia. Fly Turkish Airlines from Istanbul to Dubrovnik via Zagreb: "skyscanner.com.tr/transport/…". Here is my trip recent trip report to Selcuk/Ephesus and beyond: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5874…".

good luck in your travel planning,

enigma...

Burnie, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days in Turkey and Croatia

hi SSagar

we have just returned from Turkey, Croatia and Bosnia , and would have to say that all 3 were really , really good ! I agree with Alper and Enigma ideas. We flew from Sarajevo to Izmir via Istanbul I am in the process of putting together some reports . Our favourite places were Dubrovnic , Sarajevo , Istanbul and Goreme. Apart from going in a van from Dubrovnic to Sarajevo , we flew between cities in Turkey because of the distance and our limited time . I booked on line with Turkish Airlines and couldnt fault them .

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
282 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days in Turkey and Croatia

hi. how do i getnto dubrovnik via istanbul?

5. Re: 10 days in Turkey and Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:15