We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri-la or the Raffles?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
265 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Shangri-la or the Raffles?

which hotel is better to book for a family with small children?

as i searched both hotels i found that the shangri-la has nice views and close to the old town area but the raffles has a big shopping mall below but little far from the main attractions!

so which 1 you think is better to book for October visit?

Thanks,

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,659 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangri-la or the Raffles?

dubai, Although Shangri-la Hotel with its excellent Bosphorus views is one of my favorites because of its excellent Chinese restaurant, for you with the kids I would prefer Raffles. Opening on September 1st, this brand new hotel is right on the wonderful Zorlu Center, a great shopping mall but with lots of attraction for the kids. "www.zorlucenter.com/shopping-mall-shops/". There are also some excellent restaurants and a huge entertainment center complex for concerts and events. "http://zorlucenterpsm.com/en".

transportation to Old City is very easy. Just Take the metro from Gayrettepe station under the Zorlu Center to Vezneciler station and walk 15 minutes to Grand Bazaar and 5 minutes to Suleymaniye Mosque. From Grand Bazaar you can walk to Sultanahmet in 15 minutes or take the tram. So I recommend Raffles.

good luck,

enigma...

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
265 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangri-la or the Raffles?

thank you,

i think the raffles is a better choice but still the views over the bosphorus is unbeatable and this makes still in doubt about the 2 hotels

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shangri-la or the Raffles?

dubai976, you are abstemiously right, the views on the Bosphorus is unbeatable, and they are great. nothing matches waking-up early in the morning and watching the Bosphorus. i think you have to check with the hotel if they have a policy of not to accept families with kids (i have faced this two times but not in turkey), if they don't, go to Shangri La

Istanbul, Turkey
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Shangri-la or the Raffles?

Dear "Dubai976";

Warm greetings from Istanbul!

We are proud to announce to the world that Raffles Istanbul has opened its doors on 1st September 2014. It was a very pleasant surprise to come across your question on Tripadvisor website on 24th August; even before we were open!

Thank you very much for your interest in our exquisite property located in the award winning Zorlu Center, offering spacious rooms and suites overlooking the panoramic views of the city and the amazing Bosphorus.

We would be delighted to welcome you in our family-friendly hotel and can assure you of an unrivalled experience, full of memorable moments.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance or information we can offer regarding;

- Rooms & Suites

- Transportation

- 3000 sqm Raffles Spa

- Dining options including contemporary Turkish cuisine; Rocca & Michelin Star Chef Restaurant; Arola

- Kids activities

- Zorlu Center Mall, with park area, performance arts center and luxury shopping.

Yours sincerely,

Raffles Istanbul

www.raffles.com/istanbul/

istanbul@raffles.com

+90 212 924 0200

5. Re: Shangri-la or the Raffles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 05:15