We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Level Contributor
273 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic

Hi, I need to get to ISTANBUL DEDEM HOTEL Avcilar , Istanbul from Ataturk airport, i have been looking at resort hoppa who do a transfer for £10.88 one way, however it says transfer time is 90 minutes, this seems excessive and i wondered if anyone else knew of an alternative faster transfer company?

Many thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer

Matty1970, take a taxi which will cost around 40 lira.

Travel time is 30 mins.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer

Hi Matty, I think the transfer service you are considering probably accepts many passengers and then stops at many hotels delivering each passenger en route. If you are dropping off people one by one it could take 90 minutes to reach your hotel from the airport.

I would second ResmeN' advice and take a taxi. The price is not significantly different, and you will reach your hotel much more quickly. Take a Google Map locating your hotel as well as the phone number of your hotel in the event the driver is not familiar with the hotel. Get TL in the airport before you reach the taxi stand, and be sure you have small bills (20TL and smaller) because it is sometimes problematic to get change from drivers.

3. Re: transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 05:17