We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very Early Taxi TO Airport

Boston
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Very Early Taxi TO Airport

Hi All-

I have searched the forums and found a great deal of information on taxis FROM the airport. However, we have a 7AM flight to Cappadocia out of SAW and will have to get from the city to the airport. We will have to be up and out very early and I don't want to be wandering around in the dark with luggage looking for a taxi. Are there any taxi stands? We are not staying at a hotel, rather an apartment near Kapıkulu Sk, Beyoğlu.

Would we be better off paying more for a private service?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Best of Istanbul: 1, 2, or 3-Day...
186 Reviews
from US$100.00*
Special Offer
Small-Group Istanbul in One Day Tour...
1,236 Reviews
from US$72.25*
US$85.00
Special Offer
2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional...
53 Reviews
from US$250.75*
US$295.00
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
40,044 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very Early Taxi TO Airport

kate, The following taxi company is closest to you. "istanbul.net.tr/istanbul-Ulasim/…1". Call them during the day and ask them to send a taxi to your address at a certain hour. You can take the taxi to Havatas bus stop at Taksim and take a Havatas bus to Sabiha Gokcen. "http://www.havatas.com.tr/". You can take the 4.30 am bus to SAW.

good luck,

enigma...

Mentioned in this post
Sabiha Gokcen
Sabiha Gokcen
Istanbul, Turkey
Boston
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Very Early Taxi TO Airport

Thanks Enigma. Unfortunately, without speaking much Turkish, I'm not sure if we'd be able to call and order one. Is it expensive to take a taxi the whole way to the airport?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
40,044 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very Early Taxi TO Airport

Then, why don't you stop by and give them your address and time of p,ick up. Taxis to the SAW airport will cost around 90 TL.

enigma...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,725 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very Early Taxi TO Airport

The Havatas shutte starts operating from Taksim at 0330.

Make your way from your apartment on Kapikulu sk to Taksim following this route which will take 20 minutes http://goo.gl/maps/IYd7d

From there take the 0400 or 0430 shuttle bus which will get you to the airport by 0530-0600 or earlier for 13 lira as opposed to paying the higher taxi fare.

havatas.com.tr/yolcuservisi/taksim-sabihagok…

Taxis can be found in most places throughout Istanbul. Make yourself familiar with nearby taxi stands. If you want to take a taxi and be sure there is one available at that time perhaps talk to a taxi driver from the day before agreeing on a price and asking them to pick you up from your apartment at 0400-0430.

Pass this message on to the taxi driver & they will come to get you to take you to the airport:

Yarın sabah saat 0430da XX (apartment number) Kapıkulu Sk, Beyoğlu'ndan Sabiha Gökçen’e gitmek istiyorum.

Uçağım saat 0700de. 90 liraya götürürsen 0430da apartmanın önünde bekleyeceğim.

which translates to:

tomorrow morning at 0430 I would like to make my way from XX Kapıkulu Sk, Beyoğlu to SAW airport. My plane departs at 0700. If you can take me for 90 lira I will wait infront of the apartment at 0430.

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: Very Early Taxi TO Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:16