We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy dilek balonu / sky lantern in istanbul?

Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy dilek balonu / sky lantern in istanbul?

Hello everyone,

I'm travelling to Istanbul in a week insha'Allah and want to buy dilek balonu/sky lantern .. can anyone tell me from where I can buy them? I'll be staying in Taksim area .. so if there is something around the area will be good .. if not it's ok. Would you tell me where and how can I get there?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy dilek balonu / sky lantern in istanbul?

No reply :(

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy dilek balonu / sky lantern in istanbul?

mmd19, walk down Istiklal rd and then do a left at the end onto Galip Dede rd where you will see a few stores selling them. Here is the exact location http://goo.gl/maps/4oEf4

They can also be found in both of the Grand & Egyptian bazaars as well as some stores around Eminonu/Sirkeci/Sultanahmet.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy dilek balonu / sky lantern in istanbul?

ResmeN, Thank you so much for your reply and Help .. I appreciate it :)

Edited: 03 September 2014, 09:52
Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy dilek balonu / sky lantern in istanbul?

They are really bad for the environment and animals.

However, I have seen people selling and releasing them in Taksim Square and near the Kiz Kulesi coast..

but please research before deciding as you may change your mind.

Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy dilek balonu / sky lantern in istanbul?

kachika: Oo! I didn't know they were harmful! :( thanks for bringing up this point. i googled and read some articles about that , thank you! .. but a friend of mine is asking me to get them for her wedding .. I'll let her know .. but may be if we followed the safety and use instructions it won't be harmful hopefully!

Thanks again for adding new information to my knowledge :)

6. Re: Where to buy dilek balonu / sky lantern in istanbul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 05:16