We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Comfort Class with Turkish Airlines

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
68 reviews
Booking Comfort Class with Turkish Airlines

I want to travel Istanbul to Los Angeles with Turkish Airlines early next year. I've tried over several days and can't find a way to book Comfort Class. The booking form on-line shows Comfort Class as an option but at the end of the process the prices etc show Business Class - more expensive than I want. Has the Comfort Class service ended? Any advice, please.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
41,672 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Booking Comfort Class with Turkish Airlines

CJD12, According to Turkish Airlines website, comfort class is still operational: "http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/travel-experience#!ComfortClass". However there may be a decision to end it at the end of this year. You need ask this to the airline.

However I also found this important link for you: "businesstraveller.com/news/turkish-to-remove…". Apparently in the newer planes there will be no "comfort class" configuration.

enigma...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,646 posts
659 reviews
2. Re: Booking Comfort Class with Turkish Airlines

We booked Economy Class and called for our seats and we got comfort seats with no charge.

1 post
1 review
3. Re: Booking Comfort Class with Turkish Airlines

It is my understanding that they are phasing out comfort class.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
68 reviews
4. Re: Booking Comfort Class with Turkish Airlines

Thank you all for your messages. Sounds like I'll have to try phoning Turkish Airlines to find out.

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Booking Comfort Class with Turkish Airlines

They are phasing them out but if the plane allocated to your route has them, then you may be lucky and nab them when you ring up to select your seats.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
68 reviews
6. Re: Booking Comfort Class with Turkish Airlines

Thanks for the thought. But if Comfort isn't available then I'll choose another airline, with Economy Plus or equivalent. Can't afford Business and can't face the night flight back from LA in economy. I'd rather change planes in N Europe than spend a night awake and uncomfortable en route to Istanbul - but had hoped for Turkish as I'll be travelling from Turkey and like the airline.

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
552 posts
21 reviews
7. Re: Booking Comfort Class with Turkish Airlines

I am on the flight LAX / Istanbul w THY at this moment. In a business class cabin. And I walked to where comfort class used to be. And there is no comfort class anymore. Instead, another business class cabin ( in short. 2 BC cabins ). Flight attendants confirmed as well

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
4,172 posts
1 review
8. Re: Booking Comfort Class with Turkish Airlines

Hi,

Comfort class seats are not available on every plane. Most probably this is the reason why it doesnt let you choose comfort during booking online.

A.

1 post
9. Re: Booking Comfort Class with Turkish Airlines

Yes, Turkish has officially & unfortunately ended its Comfort Class service.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Booking Comfort Class with Turkish Airlines

I called Turkish Air to ask about booking Comfort Class seats. They are phasing them out, but some routes still offer them. From Chicago to Istanbul, there is no longer Comfort Class. Also from Istanbul to Houston, they have removed it. Those were my specific routes, but she said that some city pairs still offer it. You just have to call and ask. Bummer!