We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches near Ephesus?

Which Selcuk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Beaches near Ephesus?

Hi all: I'm planning to travel next week to visit Ephesus and Pammukale, flying in and out of Izmir. I will have a car and 3 full days for the trip. Are there any decent beaches to visit near Ephesus or on the way back to Izmir? Seems like Bodrum and Alacati are really nice but a long drive out of the way. I read about Pamucak Beach -- any thoughts on that or other suggestions?

Thanks!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches near Ephesus?

Kuşadasi has some but they could still be pretty busy.If you want something a bit more laid back then try Pamucak beach close to Selçuk.

Also driving back towards Izmir you'll see a sign for lovely littleSeferihisar-Turkeys first 'slow city' and there is nice beach there too.

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches near Ephesus?

For a number of years now, we have been staying a couple of nights at Pamucak Beach - often two or three times a year, when our large extended family visit us from the UK at our home in Çeşme.

We stay at Dereli Motel: http://www.dereli-ephesus.com/eng/index.htm They offer extremely clean, simple rooms just a couple of steps away from the lovely beach (ask for a sea-facing room). There is an beachside restaurant which has huge choice of excellent food. You just select from the many display cabinets close to the kitchen.

Their website is not all that informative but I can recommend the location, accommodation and food.

Edited: 23 September 2011, 10:47
3. Re: Beaches near Ephesus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Selcuk