We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get to Ephesus from Istabul?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
12 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
how to get to Ephesus from Istabul?

Hi - I'll be staying in Istabul this summer and want to travel to ephesus. What is the best way to get there (driving, flying...?)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get to Ephesus from Istabul?

I am not an expert, but it seems to me that the best and most affordable way to get there would be by way of bus (coach) to Selcuk. I believe you will need to change buses in Izmir. Alternatively, you could fly into Izmir and take a bus from there, but I would only recommend that if you are shorter on time than money.

NewYork/USA and...
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get to Ephesus from Istabul?

You can drive to Selcuk which is 8 hours or FLY to IZMIR airport then rent a car drive to Selcuk 45 minutes

Have a nice trip in Turkey

Sinan Akdeniz

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
170 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get to Ephesus from Istabul?

You can take the overnight bus to Kusadasi, and ask the driver to let you off in Selcuk. I have done this and it saves a night in a hotel, you don't waste a day travelling, the buses are comfortable enough to sleep most of the trip (and I am 6'2"), and they stop periodically at clean rest stops. And, you get a ferry ride thrown in as well. It is best to buy your ticket a day or two in advance - and as a bonus you will have a reserved seat. I have travelled by plane, hired car with driver, rental car and bus in Turkey and my preference is always the bus - you can get to anywhere from anywhere and the prices are good.

try searching for buses in Turkey and you will find sites for the larger intercity bus companies, and I suspect you can even reserve on line

4. Re: how to get to Ephesus from Istabul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2006, 17:25
5. Re: how to get to Ephesus from Istabul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2006, 21:00
Get answers to your questions about Selcuk