We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with prices of DIY Ephesus from Kusadasi, please!!!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Help with prices of DIY Ephesus from Kusadasi, please!!!!

Hi,

Our family of 5 are planning to visit Ephesus in September and are tossing up whether to do an organised ship tour or do it ourselves. We are keen to do Ephesus and Terrace Houses and possibly Mary's house.

From the research so far we are thinking of taking local bus (dolmar) from Kusadasi to Selcuk, then taxi to top entrance and we are keen to incorporate a horse and carriage ride too! any suggestions and idea of current prices for transport??

Also, trying to decide whether we get a private guide or use an audio guide through the ruins of Ephesus. Once again,many recommendations?

Cost is a deciding factor so any suggestions on how to save money would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with prices of DIY Ephesus from Kusadasi, please!!!!

Hi - I can't understand why you've had no answer yet. I'm hoping you've found replies elsewhere, but here goes anyway:

Definitely D.I.Y. If you can all walk through town: Dolmuş from Kusadasi to Selcuk : but ask to get off at Ephesus. I think these days they actually will go into the site for you.

Horse carriage (phaeton) from one gate to the other will cost 40 TL. I hope one of you five is quite small?!

Horse carriage from Ephesus to Selcuk is only 30 TL. Have lunch in Selcuk and take a look at St John's Basilica ruins and Isa Bey Mosque while you're there.

Every week I see people doing the organised tours from ships - they look utterly grim.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with prices of DIY Ephesus from Kusadasi, please!!!!

"Every week I see people doing the organised tours from ships - they look utterly grim." - LOL.

Sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with prices of DIY Ephesus from Kusadasi, please!!!!

Thanks so much for the reply. We have joined a smaller private tour group. I think it is booked with the company Best of Ephesus and only 12 in the group. Hopefully we do not end up being utterly grim as we are really looking forward to visiting Ephesus. As we are a small group I was thinking there might be opportunity for a bit more flexibility and will try to incorporate at least a horse and carriage ride part of the way now that I know where they travel and approximate cost.

Thanks again.

Kusadasi, Turkey
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with prices of DIY Ephesus from Kusadasi, please!!!!

Hi Robert,

People are different and most of all doesn't trust them selves or doesn't want to get stressed with all the procedures to do it on their own and they decide to book a private tour with local agencies like us. They doesn't even trust to the locals that they can book cheaper then ships organized tours.

5. Re: Help with prices of DIY Ephesus from Kusadasi, please!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Selcuk