We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Ephesus to the Virgin Mary's House

Which Selcuk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Ephesus to the Virgin Mary's House

I'm going to Ephesus next month by Dolman form Kusadasi. I want to see the Virgin Mary's house whilst I am there but understand you can't walk it, any idea how much a taxi would be?

10 replies to this topic
Kusadasi, Turkey
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Ephesus to the Virgin Mary's House

i think that wont take more then 15-20.-USD...

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Ephesus to the Virgin Mary's House

Thank you, so excited!

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Ephesus to the Virgin Mary's House

I asked at the lower gate of Ephesus today. The one-way trip costs 40 TL (about 13 GBP ), but you probably want them to wait while you visit Mary's Chapel for half-an-hour or so. The return trip costs 60 TL (20 GBP).

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Ephesus to the Virgin Mary's House

Thank you!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Ephesus to the Virgin Mary's House

I think this is a great idea. We also only want to see a very few places, and don't want to get stuck in a carpet store stop. We will be there on August 20. A question to the group-Is it safe to get a taxi outside the cruise ship port? I'm assuming the cost would be negotiated before we get into the taxi. Any tips? We are two ladies.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Ephesus to the Virgin Mary's House

going in october, di you get to see these places, how did you end up going? any advice is appreciated, coming in from Kusudasi

7. Re: Taxi from Ephesus to the Virgin Mary's House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 September 2013, 05:35
Edited: 27 September 2013, 05:35

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Ephesus to the Virgin Mary's House

The approximate taxi charge is 20-25 Us Dollars

9. Re: Taxi from Ephesus to the Virgin Mary's House

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 December 2013, 00:05

10. Re: Taxi from Ephesus to the Virgin Mary's House

Removed on: 25 December 2013, 00:05

Reply to: Taxi from Ephesus to the Virgin Mary's House
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Selcuk