We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlasjet shuttle to Izmir Airport

Catalkoy
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Atlasjet shuttle to Izmir Airport

We will be staying at Labandra Ephesus Princess Hotel for a few days and wondered if the pick up point for the AtlasJet bus back to the airport is close by - also does anyone have the timetable ?

Thanks

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlasjet shuttle to Izmir Airport

Atlas Jet shuttle buses leave from Selcuk 2 hours before flight departure time, for each flight. Be sure to show the driver a print-out or smart phone showing your reservation.

I don't know where Labandra Ephesus Princess Hotel is - but it's not in Selcuk.

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlasjet shuttle to Izmir Airport

OK, sorry I now see it's been re-named. Princess hotel is about half-way between Kusadasi and Selcuk, on the sea.

If you want to get the Atlas Jet bus you should get a taxi from the hotel and ask for Selcuk State Hospital. (Devlet HASTANE).

Atlas Jet buses stop near the little mosque just before the hospital, when coming from Kusadasi. There's a tea house with duck pond where it's convenient to wait.

Catalkoy
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlasjet shuttle to Izmir Airport

Thankyou Robert L - much appreciated.

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlasjet shuttle to Izmir Airport

You're welcome! In my experience, Atlas Jet have always provided an excellent service. The shuttle and flights have never let me down. Punctual, reliable and comfortable.

Be aware that the shuttle bus comes through from Kusadasi and will only stop for a minute or so. [The driver usually hops out to the kiosk for a packet of cigs, then he's off again.]

Catalkoy
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlasjet shuttle to Izmir Airport

Robert L - do you know if we (6 of us) would be better going into Kusadasi to catch the shuttle or Selcuk.

I agree about Atlas - we use them (and Turkish Airlines) quite a lot to/from UK and they beat Pegasus (hate them !!) and BoraJet hands down.

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlasjet shuttle to Izmir Airport

It makes no sense to head back to Kusadasi for the longer bus trip. The tea house with duck pond is a very nice place to wait for the bus. One or two of you should keep an eye out for the bus. But it's very punctual, and it will stop there, if only for a minute or two, somewhere between the duck pond and the little mosque. (Eski Karakol Cami, yet another bit of 14th Century Selcuk.)

You may be surprised that the bus still leaves Selcuk just 2 hours before flight departure time. I'd keep an eye on this as it might change. here's a link:

https://www.atlasglb.com/en/fly-and-bus/

Atlas Jet have been very reliable in my experience: once, in very harsh weather at IST we were the ONLY flight to depart on time, after a pause for de-icing while snacks were served. Last year, we took off from IST on 16th July with only a 4 hour delay. That was truly remarkable, if you catch my meaning!

Catalkoy
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlasjet shuttle to Izmir Airport

Thanks for that.

I must admit Turkish Airlines managed to get our pets out of IST on the same day with only a reasonable (in the circumstances) delay.

8. Re: Atlasjet shuttle to Izmir Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2018, 05:17