We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Itinerary

Which Selcuk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Utah
4 posts
Save Topic
Trip Itinerary

I am traveling to Turkey for the first time, with 3 other people, in May and will be stopping in the Ephesus area for two days. Our time will be short so I'm trying to pack in as much as possible. We will fly into the Izmir airport on a Monday night, will rent a car and drive to a hotel in Selcuk. We will stay all day Tuesday and then on Wednesday drive to Pammukkale and fly out of the Denzili airport. My initial plan is as follows:

Day 1 (Tues): Ephesus ruins in the morning, then drive to Didyma, Priene, Miletus in the afternoon.

Day 2 (Wed): Drive to Aphrodisias in the morning then to Pammukkale for the afternoon. Fly out at 8:00 p.m.

Could anyone who has been to this area let me know if this itinerary is feasible or would you recommend something else?

Thank you so very much.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Itinerary

Hi rswilson,

I would say that it could be possible but....a couple of questions for you first.

Day 1 (Tues): Ephesus ruins in the morning, then drive to Didyma, Priene, Miletus in the afternoon.

We did something similar but in an opposite direction. Left Marmaris in the morning and visited along the way the sights of Euromos, Baffa Lake, Didyma, Priene, Miletus finishing the day in Selcuk. If you are not planning to stay a really long time at each sight I would say it is possible but you could be pushing it a bit.

Also you have forgotten to mention the Virgin Mary house, The Church of St John the Baptist, The Isa Bey mosque, Temple of Artemis, and the Efes museum all in Selcuk. I think visiting these sights along with Ephesus can fill up your day . You cannot see everthing. Plus if you add the Terrace houses into your visit at Ephesus that will take up more time.

Day 2 (Wed): Drive to Aphrodisias in the morning then to Pammukkale for the afternoon. Fly out at 8:00 p.m.

You say Fly out at 8:00 p.m.from which airport??? Izmir?? or Denizli?? If Izmir how will you get back to the airport in time ?? If Denizli then it should be ok.

Please read my trip report from Feb of this year as it explains my entire trip.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293969-i367-k9882…

Plus here are my photos from our trip as well

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/

Have a great trip

CanMom

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Itinerary

Sorry did not read the part about flying out of Denizli...oops

Second day sounds possible but I really think the first day might be a bit much. Can you not squeeze in one extra day in Selcuk??

We only stayed the one night and now I wish we had stayed a bit longer but then it will give me a reason to return back again to the area.

Pamukkale
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Itinerary

If you plan to fly out of Denizli airport and have a hire car, make sure the car rental company will take the car from you at the airport. Like many airports, it's a long way from the city - 65kms, but it2s a small airport, so the car rental companies aren't based there - mostly in the city and so if you don't have the car, you'll need to factor in travel times, by shuttle bus or taxi, to get there.

4. Re: Trip Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 19:16