We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selcuk to Pamukkale

Washington, DC
9 posts
Save Topic
Selcuk to Pamukkale

What is the recommended method for getting from Selcuk to Pamukkale? I've looked at some Turkish bus websites and there doesn't seem to be anything that's direct from Selcuk to even Danizli. Am I just not reading it right or is this correct? I also looked at the trains, and though there seems to be a train from Izmir-Selcuk-Denizli, I can't figure out how to buy a ticket.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,313 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Selcuk to Pamukkale

Hi Snapdragon,

as far as I know there is a direct bus that takes about 3 hours between Denizli and Selcuk. Then there is also a possibility to travel by train, do not know how long this trip takes.

Good luck!

Washington, DC
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Selcuk to Pamukkale

VillaRhapsody,

Thanks very much. Would you happen to know what company does that direct bus? The Turkish Tourism Office in the DC Consulate recommended these two companies: http://www.varan.com.tr and http://www.ulusoy.com.tr/eng/

But neither seems to leave from Selcuk?

Thanks again.

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Selcuk to Pamukkale

I think trying to find online bus tickets is like trying to buy bread online. Except few major companies, most of them don't sell online tickets anyway. Just look for the tickets upon your arrival to Selcuk. if that doesn't work you can definitely find a company that connects in Izmir (or Aydin) which will mean a couple of hours longer travel time.

Don't worry, that one is a major tourist route, I'm sure somebody will soon answer your question with the answer you seek.

Brentwood,ca
Level Contributor
275 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Selcuk to Pamukkale

this is one year later, did you ever find out your question?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Selcuk to Pamukkale

have a read here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297992-i5989-k223…

minibus shuttle service between Selçuk's Otogar (bus terminal) and Denizli Otogar, with minibuses departing every 30 minutes to 1 hour throughout the day. about a 3 hour journey..

or you can also change buses in Aydin or Nazilli..

also read here...as you will first arrive at the Denizli otogar and then you transfer to another bus to Pamukkale

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297992-i5989-k147…

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Selcuk to Pamukkale

PS..there are currently NO trains running between Selcuk and Pamukkale..

7. Re: Selcuk to Pamukkale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 05:23