We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should i pay for change of flight plan? Help fine tune pleas

Which Selcuk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Should i pay for change of flight plan? Help fine tune pleas

Arrival at 10:30 in Izmir airport and take free shuttle to Selcuk on May 22, 2012.

Plan A-

Rest of the day, visit Ephesus, stay the night in Selcuk

2nd day- day tour to Pamukkale, stay in Selcuk

3rd day - take morning flight ( pay change fee of $15 )

Plan B

Rest of the day, visit Ephesus, take direct bus at 4:45 to Pamukkale

Visit Hierapolis , Cleopatra pool and travertine at opening ( 8 A.M), take the 12:30 direct BUS back to Selcuk.

Evening flight - no need to change flight schedule

Plan B

Rest of the day, visit Ephesus, take early evening bus to Denzili and dolmus to Pamukkale ( Is there a bus which leaves around 6 P.M or so) or if I don't need that much time in Ephesus, the 4:45 P.M direct bus

Next day, visit Hierpolis, Cleopatra pool and Travertine , take the 4 PM train right to Izmir airport

Or any other suggestions? I am not sure really how many hours are needed. I read that Ephesus is closed at 7 P.M

Edited: 9:19 pm, today

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should i pay for change of flight plan? Help fine tune pleas

Have you already booked your flight to Izmir?If not try to get an earlier one to give you more time there.On this flight you won't get to Ephesus until around noon which would only give you 3½ -4 hours if you want to catch the 15.45 bus.,

I would actually recommend this bus rather than the later one as that will arrive in Denzili perhaps after the last bus up to Pamukkale.I'm not sure how late they run these days.Or you could take a taxi I guess.

Ephesus opening hours are 08.30-19.00 and Pamukkale 08.00-19.00.

If your flight down is booked and you aren't too bothered about looking around Selçuk then Plan B is fine i.e 15.45 bus,see Pamukkale next morning and then lunchtime bus back again.However, to give you a little more time and relaxation then taking the 16.00 train direct to the airport would be nice and you'd see something different than the bus route again.

California
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should i pay for change of flight plan? Help fine tune pleas

Are the trains usually on time? The 4 P.M will take me to the airport at 8 :10ish and my flight is at 9:30 P.M

Are the buses on time as well.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should i pay for change of flight plan? Help fine tune pleas

Despite all the traffic one hears about buses and trains are amazingly prompt,arriving and leaving pretty much on the dot.

4. Re: Should i pay for change of flight plan? Help fine tune pleas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 10:19