We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ephesus,Miletos and Didyma or Ephesus and Selcuk

Which Selcuk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ephesus,Miletos and Didyma or Ephesus and Selcuk

I am landing in Kusadas port and want to know if I should go to the ancient ruins of Ephesus and then to Selcuk and see the museum and temple. The temple has not gotten good reviews.

OR should I do the ruins of Ephesus and Miletos and Didyma. I need to get back to the ship by 4:30 and can start at 7:30.

Thank you for your help!

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ephesus,Miletos and Didyma or Ephesus and Selcuk

Selcuk is only a mile or so from the ruins of Ephesus, and the Museum is fine - also St John's Basilica and Isa Bey Mosque are worth seeing. The Temple of Artemis does not exist any more, so poor reviews should be expected.

Didyma is 2 hours distant - well worth seeing of course - but do you enjoy bus trips so much?

USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ephesus,Miletos and Didyma or Ephesus and Selcuk

Thank you for your good advice. I have adjusted my plans.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ephesus,Miletos and Didyma or Ephesus and Selcuk

hi,only visiting ephesus will be nicer for you because ıt ıs 30 mınutes far from kusadası port .but the other places are one and half hour far from kusadası so you wıll spend all your time in the bus.you can visit ephesus you can take other sites the house of vırgın mary,ısa bey mosque,temple of artemis,şirince,basılıca of st.jean in your tour programme.:)

4. Re: Ephesus,Miletos and Didyma or Ephesus and Selcuk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 08:19