We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days in Selcuk?

Australia
Level Contributor
141 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How many days in Selcuk?

Hi,

We fly into Izmir at 10.30am. We will hire a car & drive down to Selcuk to stay 1 or 2? Nights to see Ephesus etc. As we will get to Selcuk fairly early how many nights should we allow?

We will then spend 5/6 nights driving down to Antayla to fly out to Istanbul.

Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
141 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How many days in Selcuk?

Thanks Sarikanarya for the advice. I will book Hotel Bella. We have the choice of a room with a view or a room with a balcony for an extra 30 tl . Which would you recommend?

Thanks

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How many days in Selcuk?

You probably wouldn't use the balcony a great deal as you'll be out and about most of the time,whereas the views from the hotel are sublime,looking out towards Ayasoluk Castle and St.Johns Basilica.The hotel has plenty of nice outdoor sitting area's if you wanted to do that though with a cuppa.

Australia
Level Contributor
141 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How many days in Selcuk?

Thanks. I have just booked Hotel Bella.

As we are then driving down the coast & have 4 nights before we flight out from Antalya to Istanbul do you think we should stop at Fethiye for 2 nights & then Antalya (in the old town) for 2 nights?

I have emailed the Yacht Classic & Boutique hotels but have not had a response. Do you think we need to book accommodation beforehand (as it is Low season in March)? Any recommendation for accommodation in Antalya?

Do you think it is wise to drop the car off at the airport before we stay in Antalya (old town)?

Sorry about all the questions and thank you for all the assistance

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,849 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How many days in Selcuk?

pruelong, I am glad you booked Bella. That was also my recommendation as it has better prices.

Definitely stay 2 nights at Fethiye as it will give you a good break from your trip.You can drive to Kayakoy, Oludeniz and nearby towns while you base yourself at Fethiye. You should book accomodations in advance as some hotels would be closed for winter season still in March and you do not want to arrive at a town without accomodation. Check the Fethiye forums and the Fethiye Hotels listings of Tripadvisor. Read the reviews, and make sure to get recommendations from people who have actual and recent travel experience there.

Definitely, drop your car off upon arrival at Antalya (unles you want to see Perge, Aspendos and Side on one day). I suggest that you stay at Kaleici area and there are lots of boutique hotels there.

Here is the map of the route that you will be following: "http://goo.gl/maps/v6PdZ".

good luck,

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How many days in Selcuk?

I don't know when you e mailed the hotels but if you haven't heard after another 24 hours I would send them another just in case it got lost somewhere.The hotels are open all year round so you should get a reply promptly.

As it is low season you probably don't really need to book but I guess it is nice to know somewhere is waiting for you after a long drive.

Whether you stay 1 or 2 nights in Antalya depends on how much you want to do there,certainly there is enough to fill 2 days.I hope you'll have time to stop off in lovely Kaş on your way there.

If you intend to do some exploring outside of Antalya city centre then you'll really need the car for ease but Kaleiçi(the nicer part to stay as a visitor) is a nightmare for parking.When selecting hotels there check they have parking facilities,some do,some don't.AFAIK all hotels in Kaleiçi are open all year round so you'll have plenty of choice there.

If you don't intend going out to Aspendos,Perge etc.then go directly and drop off the car to get rid of the hassle :) and indeed if you aren't touring outside the city then 1 night there would be enough,use an extra night in Fethiye instead.

Australia
Level Contributor
141 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How many days in Selcuk?

Thanks Enigma. We were thinking of staying in the Kaleici area. Do you have any recommendations for accommodation there?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,849 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: How many days in Selcuk?

pruelong, Except for "La Boutique Antalya", all the hotels at the top 10 of this list are at Kaleici. Read the reviews of actual travellers carefully and checking the prices from booking.com, decide on which one you want to stay at. "tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g297962-c2-Antalya_Tu…".

good luck,

enigma...

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: How many days in Selcuk?

Go with Hotel Nilya. It is a beautiful small b&b and just a short walk from the heart of the town. Definitely remember to eat dinner at Ejder restaurant at least one night. One of the best meals we had in all of Turkey.

Australia
Level Contributor
141 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: How many days in Selcuk?

Thank you everyone for your help.

We leave in four weeks for our trip to Turkey!

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: How many days in Selcuk?

"How many days in Selcuk?"

One evening meal at the Bella Hotel roof-top restaurant, for sure. One at Ejder - as mentioned above. Another at Tat Restaurant in the main street. The fourth evening you'll want to go to the place you spotted the day before that looked interesting. Fifth night: Cabare Restaurant, in the same main street.

After that you can start exploring where the locals go and eat....