We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to Izmir from Sirince by public transport

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to Izmir from Sirince by public transport

How to get to Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport from Sirince?

today, 16:56

Hi, I'm on a budget and would prefer not to take a cab or private shuttle.

Can anyone please help recommend the best way to get from my hotel in Sirince all the way to Orty Airport Hotel near Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport?

I understand that you can take a dolmus from Sirince to the Selcuk bus station, and from there take another minibus to Izmir main bus terminal (Otogar), is that correct?

But how then do I get to Orty Airport hotel from the main bus terminal as google map says it's almost half hour by car.

Is there an easier or more practical way please?

I'm grateful for any suggestions as I leave for Turkey in 2 weeks!

Thank you!

Madurai, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Best way to Izmir from Sirince by public transport

Hi,

I am travelling to istanbul this may with my spouse, on a sunday we are taking a 9 am pegasus flight from IST to izmir and returning on the same day by 21:40 flight from Izmir. we want to visit ephesus and would also like to have some time in selcuk and Sirince. can you please tell me which way of transportation will give me more time and also a budgeted trip. if iam taking a bus from where should i take to and fro .

where should i go first to ephesus or sirince

where can we have our lunch and what time should we start from selcuk to reach airport on time.

sorry for so many questions

thank you

Edited: 13 March 2014, 17:25
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Best way to Izmir from Sirince by public transport

Hello Sarikarnaya and Enigma!

I just opened this topic and discovered that this didn't get posted before so I'm reposting it here.

Many, many thanks for all your really helpful tips and advice! My other half and I had a wonderful time exploring Turkey in 2013 and we managed to cover most of the places we wanted to see, and even more that we discovered along the way. The experiences were simply priceless and we can't wait to return!

Sari, to your post no. 49, I would like to confirm that your information is correct as I did take the furnicular (Tunel) from Karakoy to Taksim Square. And walked to Istiklal Caddesi from there.

Thank you once again!

Valerie

53. Re: Best way to Izmir from Sirince by public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2016, 07:16