We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Izmir airport to Selcuk

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Izmir airport to Selcuk

Hi,

Can anyone please help with advice on getting from Izmir airport to Selcuk .

We are a family of 5 and have a lot of luggage & would like to know if this is possible. We need to work this out urgently as as we arrive at Izmir airport at 10:00 am tomorrow.

Thank you to anyone who replies!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Izmir airport to Selcuk

If you don't mind waiting a little there is a train at 11.45 shown here highlighted in red arriving in Selçuk at 12.39-

tcdd.gov.tr/Upload/…bassokeayd.pdf

As you would likely be asked to take 2 taxi's to accomodate you all plus baggage this wait would save you a lot of money!A taxi is c.50€

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,908 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Izmir airport to Selcuk

We should point out that the train runs by the Airport Terminal itself. No need to go into Izmir city!

This year I met a couple from North America who had got a taxi from the airport to Izmir Rail Station, then found themselves travelling back through the airport some hours later on their way to the intended destination: Selcuk. Then they got impatient with works on the line and caught a taxi the rest of the way from Torbali. They weren't speaking to each other when I met them in Smyrna Bar, underneath Urkmez Hotel (both recommended.)

Edited: 17 August 2014, 19:42
Perth, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Izmir airport to Selcuk

Thank you for the advice , appreciated.

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Izmir airport to Selcuk

Thank you for the reply Robert. We'll be sure to watch out !

Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Izmir airport to Selcuk

Im also looking for transport from izmir airport. Were flying in with Turkish airways and arrive at 8pm. Ive read suggestions to catch a taxi to a local shopping centre and then bus it from there. Do buses go to Selcuk at 9 - night time ? Dont know how I would go finding the bus stop etc this late at night. Maybe I should stay at the airport hotel and catch the train early the next day ?

Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Izmir airport to Selcuk

Sarikanarya thank you for the timetable link. Its easy to understand the timetable. But I just want to know , is it different on saturday and sundays ??

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Izmir airport to Selcuk

No,it's the same everyday and all year around :)

Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Izmir airport to Selcuk

Thanks for your reply Sarikanarya

9. Re: Getting from Izmir airport to Selcuk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 06:17