We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cinema in Israel

Switzerland
Level Contributor
156 posts
575 reviews
Cinema in Israel

I like cinema and go often to the movies. I was wondering if Israeli films are screened with English subtitles? Are foreign films all dubbed in Hebrew? Are there still small cinemas or just big ones in shopping malls?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,505 posts
1. Re: Cinema in Israel

All films are shown in the original language with Hebrew subtitles. Films made in Hebrew may or may not have English subtitles. The only exception to that is films for children, which are shown in two versions: Hebrew dubbing (because young children can't read subtitles, obviously), and original language with subtitles. If you want to watch a kids' film make sure you go to the original language version.

There are very few small independent cinemas these days.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Cinema in Israel

All foreign films have Hebrew subtitles (but children's movies are dubbed). Israeli films usually have English subtitles but not always. You have to ask the cinema. Almost all cinemas are now in suburban malls. There are only two left in the centre of Tel-Aviv : "Lev" in Dizengoff Center and "Rav Hen" in Dizengoff Circle. Both of them have six screens. Movies are also shown at the Tel-Aviv Museum, the ZOA House on Ibn Gvirol and at the Cinemateque on Carlebach St.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,622 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Cinema in Israel

The ZOA House on Ibn Gvirol has no films anymore.

I suggest you ask again before your trip so we can check for you what is on and where. I am also a great fan of movies.

4. Re: Cinema in Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: yesterday, 06:18