We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Tiberias to Ben Gurion Airport

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Driving Tiberias to Ben Gurion Airport

We will be driving from Jerusalem to Haifa.

And then to Tiberias.

From Tiberias, we plan to drive straight to Ben Gurion airport (for our flight that leaves around 9:30pm).

Is there any other recommended route to get to the airport? I was thinking of maybe having some quick stops on our way.

What time should we leave Tiberias? (We’ll still need to return the rental car at the airport.)

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,505 posts
1. Re: Driving Tiberias to Ben Gurion Airport

Is this (Jerusalem-Haifa-Tiberias-airport) all in one day? I hope not.

But when you say "any other recommended route", other than what?

Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,980 posts
322 reviews
2. Re: Driving Tiberias to Ben Gurion Airport

You must leave Tiberias by 3:30 if you don't plan on stopping. You'll need to be at the airport after returning the car, by 6:30. What else are you doing this day?

Chana

Israel

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Driving Tiberias to Ben Gurion Airport

What day of the week? You have to arrive at the terminal three hours before departure - 18:30. If on a weekday you will hit the afternoon rush hour around Tel-Aviv.

Edited: 15 September 2018, 18:30
Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Driving Tiberias to Ben Gurion Airport

We will not be driving north all in one day.

We will be leaving Tiberias on a Tuesday and won’t mind starting to drive out around 10am. I was wondering if there was another route (other than the one we took going north) to get to the airport. I was wondering what other things we could do or stop at on our way to the airport. :)

Thank you!

Baltimore
Level Contributor
259 posts
5. Re: Driving Tiberias to Ben Gurion Airport

Sure there's another route. You can take rtes 767 and 65 via Afula, for example. If you have time you could even stop for a visit (lunch?) in Kfar Kama, a Circassian town. It's close to Tiberias, only 25 km from the center.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
259 posts
6. Re: Driving Tiberias to Ben Gurion Airport

Let me withdraw all but the first two sentences of post #5. It's not that Kfar Kama wouldn't be interesting, but that for a first-time visitor, there's lots of other stuff to see. I mentioned it just because one route through Afula goes right past it, and when I took that road, I regretted that I didn't have time to stop. But I cannot live through you.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Driving Tiberias to Ben Gurion Airport

You can drive via Bet Shean (National Park) and Afula. Alternarively you can drive straight to the coast and visit Caesarea and/or Zikron Yaacov.

You have to be at the Terminal by 6:30 PM. This means that you have to arrive at the airport around 6 PM to return the car. Do not underestimate the heavy rush-hour traffic in the Tel-Aviv area on a regular working day: Highways 1, 2, 4 and 20 will all be bumper-to-bumper at that hour.

Reply to: Driving Tiberias to Ben Gurion Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted