We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jen's final itinerary

South Africa
Level Contributor
470 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Jen's final itinerary

Our final itinerary is now as follows:

Sunday 27th April - land Tel Aviv at 06h00. Rent car, spend some time in Old Jaffa and visit Aerial Tower in TLV (spelling?) for the view. Make our way up to Caesarea. Visit the Acquaduct (drop off our luggage first!). Zichron Ya'aov. Sleep over a Sdot Yam Kibbutz (or it it a youth hostel?)

Monday 28th April - too much on our list but will see how time allows: Mount Carmel, Usifiya, Daliyat El-Carmel, Rosh Hanikra, etc etc etc Sleep over at Karei Deshe Youth Hostel on shores of Galilee for 3 nights.

Tuesday 29th April to Thursday 1st May - explore Galilee area & northern area. At end of day, drive to Nazareth and stay at Fauzi Azar Inn.

Friday 2nd May - Explore Nazareth Village and the Arab souks, and then make our way to Jerusalem for 10 nights (arriving approx 4 pm before Shabbat). Staying at Barkai Studios in Musrara.

Monday 12th May - Qu'umran, Ein Gedi, David's Waterfall, sleep over at Massada Youth Hostel

Tuesday 13th May - Massada. Now things get complicated! Drive to Be'ersheva & Lakiya, then back-track and and visit various areas on the way to Chan Hashayarot.

Wednesday 14th May - Visit more areas in the Negev (including Mizpe Ramon) and sleep at Succah in the Desert.

Thursday 15th May - more exploring of Negev, drive to Eilat and cross border into Jordan for three nights at Petra.

Sunday 18th May - drive from Petra to Amman via Kings Highway, fly from Amman into Tel Aviv and wait for our 0050 flight back to South Africa.

I guess we should have had one extra day in the Galilee area but we wanted maximum time in Jerusalem as our list of places to see is growing daily!

~ Jen ~

Ein Gedi Botanical Garden
Deserts, Nature & Wildlife Areas, National Parks, Gardens
Bokek River
Canyons, Deserts, Hiking Trails, Nature & Wildlife Areas, National Parks
Antelope Ranch in the Arava Valley
Zoos, Deserts, Nature & Wildlife Areas
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,369 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jen's final itinerary

Have a great trip. Bottom line is--Israel is such a fantastic place that it doesn't really matter what you do.All is worthwhile and it IS a matter of skipping one thing to see another.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jen's final itinerary

It sounds wonderful, Jen. But I'm sorry we'll miss you at our Jerusalem gathering on May 12. :-(

Douglas Duckett

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jen's final itinerary

Perhaps I could see you on that weekend before you go south. If that would work just email me, ok? *smile*

I echo what Douglas has said----I truly had hoped to meet you and your husband at the TA gathering in Jerusalem.

Kathy Walters

Paragon, Indiana, USA

cakywalters@iquest.net

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
141 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jen's final itinerary

You mentioned renting a car in Tel Aviv Airport, and didn't mention returning it. Do you plan to take it over to Jordan? I'm not sure you can do it.

Israel
Level Contributor
736 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jen's final itinerary

What are your plans for Lakiya? I don't know of anything interesting there (as well as in Be'er sheva for that matter).

South Africa
Level Contributor
470 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jen's final itinerary

Kathy ~ it would be lovely to get together, I'll send you an email nearer the time. We'll fit in with you, the only commitments we have is with Suzanne on Tuesday 6th and the Kotel Tunnel on Thursday 8th (when I called, they told me they are still running tours on Yom Ha'autzmaut).

Galy ~ we will be doing two rentals ~ we'll drop off the car when we get to Jerusalem and pick it up again when we leave for the Negev. We'll leave it in Eilat and have arranged drivers for Jordan.

Guyava ~ my husband has this "thing" about Be'er Sheva, for some reason he's always wanted to go there so we've compromised on a "drive through".

Regarding Lakiya, erirya suggested it in a previous thread, and the Bedouin village is something I'd like to visit. I have looked at their website and they definitely have some things that I would like to purchase, eg. a denim handbag make from the top part of a pair of jeans!! So basically it would just be stopping off at the "factory". Since its not much of a detour from Be'ersheva, I'd like to go.

~ Jen ~

Texas
Level Contributor
387 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jen's final itinerary

When going to Jordan from Eilat you can leave your car at the car park at no charge at the border crossing. Then you walk 50 steps to the crossing. We left our car there for 3 days with no problem. There are "armed guards" there day and night. Of course not there to guard the cars but I believe the cars are safe there.

South Africa
Level Contributor
470 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jen's final itinerary

Thanks for the suggestion re leaving the car at the border; but we are not returning via Eilat which is why we have to return it to the main Eldan office.

I might be missing the "official" get-together on the 12th (darn it), but I've been absolutely bowled over by some PM's from a few on this forum suggesting a coffee sometime. I'm thrilled!

~ Jen ~

9. Re: Jen's final itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 06:24