We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What kind of weather can I expect in late March?

Boston
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What kind of weather can I expect in late March?

My family will be in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Northern Israel the last two weeks of March. Any advice on what kind of weather we can expect? My research online suggests anything from the 30s to the 80s, fahrenheit. That makes it pretty difficult to pack! Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Masada and the Dead Sea Day Trip from...
395 Reviews
from US$117.00*
Free Cancellation
Day Tour to Jerusalem and Bethlehem...
254 Reviews
from US$118.00*
Free Cancellation
Highlights of Israel Day Trip from...
151 Reviews
from US$131.00*
Free Cancellation
california
Level Contributor
732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What kind of weather can I expect in late March?

Spring is one of the nicest times to visit Israel from a weather standpoint--warm days (not hot & humid like peak summer travel season) and cool nights (jacket & sweaters, not overcoats). Rain is possible though not prevalent, so pack an umbrella.

In the Negev and Eilat, it already starts getting hot by then, so if you plan any hiking there or to visit Masada, shorts and t-shirts are advisable. As always when traveling, having layers of clothes prepares you for any eventuality. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Eilat
Eilat
Southern District, Israel
Arizona
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What kind of weather can I expect in late March?

I was there the last two weeks in March 2007, and in the north we had some rain and coolish overcast days at first -- very light fleece vest or jacket at most, even in the evenings and on the Golan by day -- but the extra pair of dry shoes was a lifesaver.

Jerusalem and Tel Aviv were pleasant, typically Spring-like -- could get short-sleeve warm by day or maybe light sweater in the morning or evening or along the shore with a stiff breeze. Mind you, from Arizona it seemed a little cool to us compared to comments from Israelis and others, our thinner blood and all. Just dress for standard Spring, no need to fret about really cold weather. Plus you CAN buy a sweatshirt or other heavier clothes in a pinch.

Mentioned in this post
Golan Hotel
Golan Hotel
192 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Safed, Israel
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What kind of weather can I expect in late March?

hello,

nowadays it is getting really cold in northen israel actually untill mid-april. so if you plan to go Safed or the upper galil and the Golan Highs- note that it will be something around 12-17 Celsious. at nights temperatures can drop even to 8-9 in late march, and rains can be a problem (though not always). Jerusalem is a little bit more hot and this times, but still pack something warm.

it is advisiible to go to Eilat where you will be able to enjoy very hot climate in march (over 25 celcious already).

Mentioned in this post
Safed
Safed
Galilee, Israel
Golan Hotel
Golan Hotel
192 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Eilat
Eilat
Southern District, Israel
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,484 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What kind of weather can I expect in late March?

sound fury - this guy is coming from Boston, 12-17 Celcius for him is not cold :)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,195 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What kind of weather can I expect in late March?

See my similar note where he warned a Canadian about cold Israeli winters. It's all relative and what you are used to.

Douglas Duckett

Israel
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What kind of weather can I expect in late March?

"so if you plan to go Safed or the upper galil and the Golan Highs- note that it will be something around 12-17 Celsious. at nights temperatures can drop even to 8-9 in late march, and rains can be a problem (though not always)."

For these temps in Farenheit:

12-17ºC = 54-63ºF

8-9ºC = 46-48ºF

As Doug said, for someone acclimated to Boston weather, this is not cold at all, especially for March.

Mentioned in this post
Safed
Safed
Galilee, Israel
Golan Hotel
Golan Hotel
192 Reviews
Tiberias, Israel
Arizona
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What kind of weather can I expect in late March?

Like I said, typical Spring weather. For an Arizonan, that's rather chilly, but for a New Englander, almost balmy!

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What kind of weather can I expect in late March?

I've been to Israel in March twice.......

The weather was fine for me. I live in Indiana (Midwest of the USA). We did have some rain, but, not much. Not even enough to slow us down. A jacket was all that I needed for the mornings/evenings in the Galilee and Jerusalem and by mid-day weather was quite lovely, in my opinion.

Kathy Walters

Paragon, Indiana, USA

cakywalters@iquest.net

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Galilee
Galilee
Northern District, Israel
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Boston
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What kind of weather can I expect in late March?

Thank you all, this is very helpful. Lee

Safed, Israel
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What kind of weather can I expect in late March?

yea, i quite forgot to bare this in mind lol