We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ITC and other tour companies

Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
ITC and other tour companies

I am looking for a Bar/Bat Mitzvah trip to Israel in Dec. 2008. I have seen some references to ITC--possible negative comments but I have not found anything specific. Can anyone tell me your experiences with them and/or any other tour companies you have used. Thank you very much.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
86 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ITC and other tour companies

We went on a reform synagogue tour to Israel with ITC Tours for weeks last year. There were 3 buses of us, so we had 3 guides. Our guide was mostly uninterested and spoke on the cell phone a good part of the day. He was also rude and sarcastic. The other 2 were much nicer, but one was quite uninformed re history etc. The rabbis that we went with really made our trip!!!!

The worse part were the hotels. They put us in some pretty poor hotels and for about the 5 days that we spent in Jerusalem they actually subsituted a hotel that was a disaster (bugs, filth, rodents and food poisening) for another that we were booked to stay in without refunding the difference in money to us.

I would never use them again.

Sophia

2. Re: ITC and other tour companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 13:20