We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is considered a reasonable hotel rate for May?

Maryland
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What is considered a reasonable hotel rate for May?

Hi! I was browsing this forum and was wondering about hotel rates. We will be in Israel mid- to end of May for 2 weeks. I spoke with Chantal at Regent and she asked me my budget. I told her around $200/night but upon reflection, that is a bit high for us. What is a typical room rate in Israel for a fairly nice room with private bath? It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just clean and pleasant. We love boutique hotels (which I know tend to be expensive) and also B&B's. But your typical holiday inn type of room would work too. Is $100- $150/night is too low or an OK budget to work with?

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is considered a reasonable hotel rate for May?

I would say that $150 is a very reasonable rate to look for if you are agreeable to a "basic" room with no frills. However, depending on where you are staying you could need to go a little higher. Have you got some hotels in mind or do you need recommendations?

Kathy Walters

Paragon, Indiana, USA

cakywalters@iquest.net

Maryland
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is considered a reasonable hotel rate for May?

Great, this gives me some idea. Thanks!

Well, I have Douglas's guide with his recommendations but I would love others as well. The more the better, especially since we are cutting it close to our trip now.

I know that around the Galilee region it would be nice to stay at a B&B or Kibbutz.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,889 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is considered a reasonable hotel rate for May?

You might be surprised but B&Bs are expensive and most of them are very basic and not comfortable. Try to book at youth hostels. Israel have a nice chain of youth hostels that are open to all http://www.iyha.org.il/eng/. Lately with tourism booming B&B owners are charging outrageous sums. Most B&Bs are targeting the local market, when the basic fee is high (over 100$), but the extra for kids is minimal making the whole price acceptable. If you are staying in Jerusalem of Tel Aviv for an extended time (3 days or more) you could rent a flat. It is cheaper and you could save on food.

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is considered a reasonable hotel rate for May?

For Tel Aviv - try Hotel de la Mer http://www.delamer.co.il/

or Hotel Cinema

www.atlas.co.il/hotel.asp?hotel_id=167Both are well under 200 dollars.

If you can tell us where else you would like to stay I will try to bring more suggestions.

Maryland
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is considered a reasonable hotel rate for May?

Hi everybody! Thanks for all the input.

The other cities we're looking to stay in are:

Jerusalem

North(Galilee) region

Haifa

I welcome any and all suggestions. We've got a few ideas for most areas already, except Haifa. Any suggestions for there? I could also use some more suggestions for the North area. Doing my research for both now. :)

Maryland
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is considered a reasonable hotel rate for May?

Actually, on second thought, I think I'm OK now in terms of the North/Galilee area. Got lots of ideas there.

So... just Haifa if anyone has any special places they they like.

Thanks!

mid-hudson valley...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: What is considered a reasonable hotel rate for May?

Another Tel Aviv possibility is Dizengoff Suites.

www.dizengoffsuites.co.il/

Have you gotten Douglas' guide?

His recommendations of YMCA Three Arches in Jerusalem and the Dan Gardens in Haifa sound perfect for you if there is availability.

Maryland
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is considered a reasonable hotel rate for May?

Yep, I've got Douglas's wonderful guide. I think we are going to book the Dan Gardens in Haifa.

Does anyone have any information about Gallery Hotel in Haifa? It's new. And the Kadarim B&B in the Galilee region? I will also post a new post with this question just in case this one gets lost. Thanks. :)

9. Re: What is considered a reasonable hotel rate for May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 07:22