We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abu Gosh vocal music festival - outside of Jerusalem

Miami Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
729 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Abu Gosh vocal music festival - outside of Jerusalem

The Abu Gosh vocal music festival is being held June 6 - 9, 2008. We will be in Jerusalem on Monday, June 9th, which is also Shavuot. I'm wondering if there is a way to get there since we will not have a rental car and it's a holiday.

http://www.agfestival.co.il/?id=713

We are arriving in Jerusalem from Eilat the day before, on Sunday, June 8th. Early in the morning of June 9th, we want to be in the old city as people flood into the Kotel. If the Tower of David Museum is open, I thought that might be a good introduction to Jerusalem. If Abu Gosh isn't too far, one of the concerts might be enjoyable.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Margie

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abu Gosh vocal music festival - outside of Jerusalem

Abu Gosh is about a 20 minute drive from central Jerusalem. Your best bet will be by taxi, since there won't be any buses on Shavuot. I would guess that the price would be somewhere between 50 and 100 shekels, but I suggest that you check with the taxi rank first.

With regards to the Tower of David Museum. Their website doesn't have information that far ahead of their times of opening, but they are open on Saturdays, and on the 1st and last days of Passover, so there is a fair chance that they will be open on Shavuot too.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,670 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abu Gosh vocal music festival - outside of Jerusalem

You should buy tickets as it is difficult/impossible to get tickets on the day of performance. These venues are very popular. You can still go there and enjoy the free performances, and a walk around the place. Check first if there are any on the day you want to be there. Going by taxi is fine as parking is horrible.

Miami Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
729 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abu Gosh vocal music festival - outside of Jerusalem

Ok, this might be possible! Will we be able to find a taxi to get back to Jerusalem?

4. Re: Abu Gosh vocal music festival - outside of Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 07:17