We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Near Carlton Hotel (Tel Aviv) & Dan Panorama Jersusalem?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Near Carlton Hotel (Tel Aviv) & Dan Panorama Jersusalem?

Hi--a little over a week before my first trip to Israel. Finally received our hotel information--we will be staying at the Carlton Hotel in Tel Aviv for 2 nights and the Dan Panorama Jerusalem for 5 nights. Any suggestions on places to eat, shop, sightsee near these two hotels? Also, we will have some "downtime" once we arrive to Tel Aviv on June 2 (Continental). What to do?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,891 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Near Carlton Hotel (Tel Aviv) & Dan Panorama Jersusalem?

Walk along the sea promenade, it will help to cope with the jetlag. If you search the forum you will get lots of ideas on where to eat and what to see.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,115 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Near Carlton Hotel (Tel Aviv) & Dan Panorama Jersusalem?

The Dan Panorama is my favorite Jerusalem hotel. ( will be there this summer) Almost everything is near to it. What do you want to do while in Israel. Also, what ever you do ---it should not be confined to things near your hotel.

I like Little Italy ( accross the street) and Rosemarine, around the corner as restuarants. Both are dairy. If you leave the hotel and turn right you will walk a small distance and come to the 38 bus stop. This is a small mini bus that takes you to the Jewish Quarter of the Old City. ( it appears to be heading AWAY from the old city as it goes--but don't worry) You can also return with this bus as it is a circular route. You can walk down to Ben Yehuda or take a bus to the German Colony. You are not far from the Knesset and the Israel and Biblelands Musueums You are also not far from the Russian Compound and its' museum.

My best suggestions for restaurants is just to walk and see what looks good to you. Personally, I do not like a military type plan. I play it by ear. During the day you can get good bargins at restaurants by eating "business lunches" Israelis go out late--so don't be disconcerned it a restaurant is empty at 7PM. Watch for 8:30 before deciding if the place is popular.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Near Carlton Hotel (Tel Aviv) & Dan Panorama Jersusalem?

Thanks for the suggestions. We will have very limited free time (they have mentioned just one free lunch and one free dinner, and free time when we first arrive to Tel Aviv on June 2). This is a business trip with a packed agenda--hence the question about what is nearby the hotels. Would prefer suggestions that are near the hotels to minimize time spent traveling (by taxi or walking). We will be doing some sightseeing as part of the trip, but, don't yet have the agenda.

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Near Carlton Hotel (Tel Aviv) & Dan Panorama Jersusalem?

Hi Lacontessa1, We'll be staying at The Dan Panorama in July. So, please be sure to post a review when you return and let us know what restaurants, shops & activities you find and like or dislike.

5. Re: Near Carlton Hotel (Tel Aviv) & Dan Panorama Jersusalem?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 09:25