We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Israel

Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Moving to Israel

Hi, I'm new to this forum but I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice. Myself and my fianc�� will be moving to Israel by the end of the year for a temporary stay of about two years.

We will be moving to an area just outside Tel Aviv. We are both Irish and while we are looking forward to the move I was wondering if anyone already living in Israel had any advice for us?

Thank you !

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Israel

Could you be a little more specific about what you're seeking and maybe what you'll be doing? This may not be the best place to get advice for what you'll be doing.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
905 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Israel

Shalom from Jerusalem! While this might not be the most ideal forum to answer your questions, all of us who populate this site can certainly get you started with places to go, things to see and do, and experiences I'm sure you'll treasure!

It would help to have an idea of what you'll be doing, work-wise, during this two-year stay, some background on yourselves and your general interests and such to get us started... also, how about asking us some specific questions?! Oh, and where "just outside Tel Aviv" will you be living?

Meanwhile - I'll start right off by saying you should be sure to visit Jerusalem soon after your arrival and often during your stay! It really is, IMHO, the most beautiful city in the world (okay, I live here, I'm prejudiced); the roots go very deep in many directions; the atmosphere is electric; the people are wonderful - gee, what more is there to say - just come and see for yourselves!

suzanne pomeranz, tourism consultant

jerusalem, israel - suztours@gmail.com

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to Israel

Hi proc,

have you been in touch with the Embassy in Dublin? I am sure they'll be glad to help you. Try also the AACI website.

And when you get a tiny bit homesick, visit Molly Blooms

(http://www.molly-blooms.com/)

Good luck and post any query you might have!

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moving to Israel

Just stayed a block from Molly's. Went out with former Kibbutz and Army buddies to Leo Bloom's in Givat Atidim; they're owned (so I've been told) by two brothers.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moving to Israel

Hi everyone, thank you for the advice. None of our details are finalised yet so that is why my post was so vague. I have contacted the embassy for information so hopefully that will help.

I will be sure to visit Molly Bloom's if we eventually get there !

Thanks again !