We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple support in Israel: HELP!

Miami Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
729 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Apple support in Israel: HELP!

I bought an Apple MacBook Pro so that I could process my photos while traveling in Israel. About halfway through the trip the power adapter appears to have failed. I called Apple in the US and they say that they cannot send a replacement to Israel. I am using a computer in the hotel lobby to send this and also check for support in Israel. I can't find any! They have Apple support in Jordan, Egypt, and Syria but not Israel! Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Margie

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,511 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apple support in Israel: HELP!

Hmmmm.

How about if you have it picked up by someone here in the States (I can get one for you today) and then had it overnighted to where you are in Israel?

Or, have someone point you to he nearest electronics store to see if they can repair or replace your part?

Dr. Z

Miami Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
729 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apple support in Israel: HELP!

OK, that's a good idea. Does anyone know if there is an Apple dealer in Jerusalem where we can pick up the power adapter? We want to make sure that it is the part we actually need. We just got all excited when we saw a guy working on a Mac in the lobby. But he had an older model with a different adapter.

We're leaving early tomorrow morning to start our Petra/WadiRum and Negev excursion for the next 6 days. We'll be out of touch until we get to Eilat on this coming Friday night. We will check in the hotel lobby at the Eilat hotel for postings.

We will also check this post later tonight. We're going for dinner now.

Margie

mid-hudson valley...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Apple support in Israel: HELP!

If you can't find it in Israel, having it overnighted from the States is what I was going to suggest as well.

I had something sent to me via Fedex overnight under a very tight deadline and so we traipsed over to the airport to pick it up rather than wait to have it delivered -- which was an adventure in itself (not this trip, but a previous one).

A package will have to go through Customs which could take an extra day or two so overnight won't actually be overnight. But overall I found the Fedex employees in Israel to be very, very helpful, and with a bit of "savlanut," as Shoshi says, you would get it.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,511 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apple support in Israel: HELP!

Margie -

I checked with the International Apple Dealers phone number but they are closed until Monday. I do not know of any dealers in Jerusalem. Hopefully one of the TA locals can know of one.

Let me know if you want me to pick one up for you. I'm sure it can get to Eilat by Friday.

Have a great time in Petra and make sure your camera's battery is fully charged! You're gonna need it in Petra.

Dr. Z

Miami Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
729 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apple support in Israel: HELP!

I googled macbook jerusalem and found:

http://www.ringo-comp.co.il/

It was in Hebrew but I think they may be a dealer or support company. Can someone translate and let us know if they could help?

Thanks,

Margie

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,511 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apple support in Israel: HELP!

It looks like they may be in Tel Aviv. There are some phone numbers listed but they would most likely be closed today.

mid-hudson valley...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Apple support in Israel: HELP!

Another idea. Last summer I rented a PC laptop from a very competent company based in Jerusalem.

ilwireless.com/Web%20Pages/…20Support.htm

The owner is a young man named Yair. I'm sure he would be able to give you an answer on what is available in Jerusalem. And if nothing is you could rent a laptop from him for the rest of your stay when you get back to civilization ;-). The price was quite reasonable.

I see from the link I pasted above that he is available for phone calls from the end of Shabbat until 11pm so maybe you can get a definite answer before you leave tomorrow.

052-384-0257

As for fedex, if it should come to that, one convenience is that the sender doesn't need to specify a delivery address in advance. They call the recipient when the package arrives and then you can tell them where you'd like the package delivered.

Washington State
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apple support in Israel: HELP!

I travel with my laptop to process pictures, so I feel your pain.

Two other options. You might find it easier to find additional memory cards for your camera. Most memory cards are dirt cheap in the USA these days and I expect Israel is no exception. I don't know what kind of camera you use, but this might be a good option.

Second, lots of computer or camera shops will download your memory card to a CD for a small fee. I know if you using a DSLR and shooting RAW that can be a pain (unless someone can burn to a DVD). But, it's one more option.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apple support in Israel: HELP!

Here are the phone numbers of a few places in Jerusalem that do Mac support. I don't have personal experience with any of them, but try giving them a call.

iApple: 1-5995-27753

Palron: 02-5716022

Panda: 1599-55-99-22

Tomer computers: 02-6727534

This one isn't in Jerusalem, but they might be able to give you a hand:

macintosh.co.il 0544-555608

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apple support in Israel: HELP!

Yeda used to support and do dealership for Apple until not so long ago, when Apple switched companies. Hubby is asleep but would know in a pinch. I'll look in the web and see what I come up with - OK, it's Idigital, at idigital.co.il. They are in Tel Aviv, but maybe they can refer you to shops and dealerships in Jerusalem. Their phone no is 03-9005338/344

Also consider that in Eilat you don't have to pay VAT on purchases, so if you need the part it would come out cheaper - in the Industrial zone at the north of the city there are quite a few computer dealerships, and they might have Apple stuff.