We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Updated Israel travelogue/guide now available

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
Updated Israel travelogue/guide now available

As many of you know, I have been updating the free, noncommercial travelogue and guide I have written on Israel travel based on my recently completed trip. I have finally finished that, and it's now ready, weighing in at 42 pages. I've added some information on destinations I had not visited before (such as Amirim), and of course restaurants and sites in other cities that were new on this trip. I also cleaned up some outdated information, and added some pictures where appropriate.

If anyone is interested in a copy to help with an upcoming visit, please feel free to e-mail me at Labatt@fuse.net. That goes for regulars on here, too -- I'm happy to share it with anyone. In reading it, please remember that it is a personal guide and does not purport to be a comprehensive, commercial guide. It contains my opinions as well.

Finally, I'll share with you something that is probably a little diagnostic.... Not only have I been mentally planning my likely June 2010 trip with my partner Brett, but Joy and I have started talking about possibly coming again together in 2012, and we talked with two women who work with us about possibly coming with us. (They have been fascinated by our trips all along, and were beside themselves with excitement at the prospect.) So from time to time, Joy and I daydream and think about how we would arrange such a trip. Heck, that's only four years from now! :-)

Probably a little excessive, but there are far worse obsessions, I think.

Kol tuv,

Douglas Duckett

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,199 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Updated Israel travelogue/guide now available

Oh come on Douglas!!! You can't squeeze in a 2011 trip also??

395 days before I return to Israel but who's counting. Actually I'm counting down my Cooperstown NY, Boston, NYC trip. Three more weeks for that.

Dr. Z

p.s. Can I please have a newly updated guide?? Thanks for your dedication!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Updated Israel travelogue/guide now available

Bumping up so it doesn't get lost.

Montreal
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Updated Israel travelogue/guide now available

Hello Douglas!

I would like a copy as well. Please email it on

ushenka@hotmail.com

thank you VERY much.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Updated Israel travelogue/guide now available

I will e-mail to that address, but for others, please e-mail me at Labatt@fuse.net, and that way I can simply send it as a return e-mail, which saves time. I'm getting a lot of requests. :-)

I hope that you find it helpful.

Douglas Duckett

North Central...
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Updated Israel travelogue/guide now available

I'm about to send a PM your way Douglas for your updated version but thought I'd help with the bumping with a pre-warning.

Thank you just doesn't seem to be enough but it's all I have to offer.

Thank you!!

Julie <~ enduring the 82 days left before take off...impatiently!!

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Updated Israel travelogue/guide now available

Thank you Douglas!!

Perfect timing!! We leave in 32 days, 3 hours, 12 minutes!! ...but who's counting!!! :)

usa
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Updated Israel travelogue/guide now available

Please send me you guide

Thanks

Marksto1@yahoo.com

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Updated Israel travelogue/guide now available

Folks, please read above. If you want the guide, e-mail me at Labatt@fuse.net so I can send it via return e-mail. I can't send it through the private-message function (it does not allow for file attachments), and it's more work for me to copy an e-mail address from on here to an outgoing e-mail using a different program.

Replying is easy. I'm getting buried with requests, and I'm happy to help out, but I need you to help me by e-mailing me first. Please do it that way, and thanks.

Douglas Duckett

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
33 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Updated Israel travelogue/guide now available

Um, is it possible for me to get an autographed copy?

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Updated Israel travelogue/guide now available

Lou, I have this idea that you'd qualify for the manuscript, if there were one...