We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Trip

Moorestown
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Recent Trip

Because of lots of great help from Shoshi, Labatt, Sticky, and Debizyx, my three grandsons, ages 21, 18, & 16 & my daughter and myself, we just completed a 9 day trip to Israel. We enjoyed doing this all on our own. We stayed at the Jerusalem Hotel near the Damascus Gate for three nights. First day, we joined Sam Salem and his team from the UN visiting old Jerusalem,the Al Asqua Mosque, the Dome of the Rock and the Mount of Olives. Sam is an excellent, knowlegable man. (Email: Guide.Holy@gmail.com). Second day, with guide from Guy Tours (Email: guytours@barak.net.il), Guide Leon took us to Massada where we spent two hours, took a dip in the Dead Sea, saw the Caves where the scrolls were found, went to see the highlights of Bethlehem and were back at our hotel by 6:00 PM. Leon Is like a college professor; went up the lift at Massada with us and had a very informative visit.

The third day we did on our own to the Museum to see the Scrolls, and did the markets in Jerusalem.

Wednesday morning, picked up a pre-reserved van a few minutes from our hotel at Eldon Car Rental and drove to Nazareth where for the next two days we, on our own, saw the sites of the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes, the Sermon on the Mount, The Transfiguration Site, the Primacy of Peter, Tiberias, the Old Nazareth Village and othe sites in Nazareth. We stayed at the Golden Crown Hotel in Nazareth, close to all the sites. Recommend Dinner at Diana Restaurant.

Friday,drove to Mt. Caramel, Haifa, stopped to see the Roman Site at Caesaria, turned in the van in Tel Aviv. We did not need a car in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. Stayed at the Renaisance Hotel on the beach. Did Tel Aviv and Jaffa on our own.Great Arabic restaurants in Jaffa. Great Beach at the hotel.

Couple of observations. Surprised we had great dinners for about $80US for five of us. Tel Aviv, however, like NY City. Jerusalem Hotel on Nablus St. is like old castle, pleasant owners. Hard to find way out of Jerusalem; road are not very well marked. Other than that, very easy driving. Be aware of Holidays; very strictly observed. Great very small and excellent restaurant in Bethlehem "Philadelphia" on Star St., owned by Sam Salem's cousin. THanks again to TA help.

Orip

St. George's Monastery
Sacred & Religious Sites, Educational sites, Historic Sites, Caverns & Caves, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Keshet Cave
Caverns & Caves
Soreq Cave
Geologic Formations, Caverns & Caves
Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent Trip

Thank you for your report.

I think I remember your posts when planning your trip. I am glad to learn that it all worked out and you had a great time.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent Trip

I, too, am pleased to hear that you had such a great trip, and particularly happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with Sam! Isn't he just a lovely, kind man?

Welcome home, and thanks for sharing.

Douglas Duckett

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent Trip

Reading these trip reports always just makes me smile! Thank you very much.

I'm glad you used Sam's services and your writing about him made me miss him. Think I'll drop him a note today.

Thanks again for sharing with us.

Kathy Walters

Paragon, Indiana, USA

cakywalters@iquest.net

4. Re: Recent Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 19:16