We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Israel

Ireland
Level Contributor
105 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Israel

Hi guys,

Greetings from Ireland.

Im getting married next year and am hoping to head to Israel on my honeymoon. As part of the trip I would also like to see if I can take in a visit to Petra in Jordan. Could anybody recommend a local based agent or travel company that I could liaise with in putting a trip together.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,404 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Israel

For Petra check Eco Desert Tours. Why do you need an agent?

Ireland
Level Contributor
105 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Israel

Cheers Shoshi.

I'd like to see what type of trip they would suggest. As were on our honeymoon Im looking to try and delegate a bit of the organising!!

I'd be delighted to hear any suggestions you might have yourself. We will have max 10 days and wat a chilled out 3 days to start and then "hell for leather" after that ...

Duf

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Israel

as far as I know, day trips to Petra are departing from Eilat almost everyday. worth checking

www.tourplanisrael.com/…

http://www.israelexperts.com/petra.html

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Israel

I really don't think you need an agent. You can ask questions here and put together a trip on your own unless you really believe you would prefer a tour group.

Kathy Walters

Paragon, Indiana, USA

cakywalters@iquest.net

Mentioned in this post
Indiana
Indiana
United States
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,404 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Israel

"chilled out 3 days to start" should be done in Tel Aviv. Lots of clubs, pubs, restaurants etc...During the day you can enjoy the pool at the hotel or the beach.

Leave at least the 2 last days for Jerusalem. Petra will take 3 days, so you'll have very little time for anything else.

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Paragon
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Israel

Shoshi is so very right......which means you won't get to see the North at all. Oh, you are missing a lot! *smile* However, this just means you will want to return to Israel again and again. I'm just sure of that.

Kathy Walters

Paragon, Indiana, USA

cakywalters@iquest.net

Mentioned in this post
Indiana
Indiana
United States
Port Townsend...
Level Contributor
246 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Israel

I haven't been to Petra. I just got back from two weeks in Israel. To me, one place that balances things to see and time to enjoy being together would be the deluxe room at Kibbutz Nof Ginnosar just north of Tiberius.

The deluxe room has a jacuzzi, the most comfy bed on the trip and a balcony over looking the sea and roosting birds. Breakfast is right there.

The Golan Heights was visually a big surprise too.

Mentioned in this post
Golan Heights
Golan Heights
Middle East
Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Israel

It is possible to go to Petra from the (relatively) new border crossing near the Sea of Galilee. Thus you could combine that with touring in the north. Check Eco Desert Tours - I think they have tours from the north too, not just from Eilat.

9. Re: Honeymoon in Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2009, 12:08
Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon in Israel

Write Douglas, a frequent poster and a shining Israel expert, at labatt@fuse.net, for his nonprofit travelogue-guide. Decide on a sketch itinerary and post here for any questions.