We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Northern Israel

Missouri
Level Contributor
214 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Northern Israel

During our upcoming trip we will be starting on a Monday morning in Ma'alot and will eventually end up in Amirim at Nof 10 (thanks for the suggestion Douglas!). In between we have only that day to explore northeast Israel (we will have a rental car). Is it reasonable to get to Kiryat (Qiryat) Shmona, the Hula Reserve, eat early dinner in Tiberias and get to Nof 10 by 7 pm or so or is that too much?

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Northern Israel

It is doable. Israel is a small country. However, since you are in Ma'alot you also have the choice of going another direction: You could go to Akko, Rosh Hanikra, the Montfort and Goren National Park and vicinity.

But if you decide to go the other direction, skip Kiriat Shemona, Visit the AGAMON HA'HULA park instesd or in addition to the Hula Natural Reserve. If the day goes well and you have the time go to Metula up in the north on the Lebanese border. You could visit kibbutz Misgav Am. It is situated on top of the mountain with a great vista point on the Hula Valley and the Hermon mountain (on a clear day).

I would skip dinner in Tiberias. You are staying in a Vegetarian village overnight. Why not sample one of their vegetarian restaurants for dinner? It is an interesting experience.

Have a great trip!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,630 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Northern Israel

Erirya has given you some good tips. I too would recommend having dinner in Amirim. For one thing, Nof 10 is not easy to find in daylight, let alone at night. So you want to get there while the sun is up. I'd recommend a delightful place in town called "Dalia's," named after the owner. Dalia is like a reincarnation of your Polish Jewish grandmother. She prepares great food (served home style -- you get whatever she cooked that night), and then she presides over the dining with much encouragement and clucking. I loved her -- and the food.

Douglas Duckett

Missouri
Level Contributor
214 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Northern Israel

Thank you for your advice. We will take care of Akko and that area on the way to Ma'alot or in day trips. We are covering east after Ma'alot.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Northern Israel

Skip Kiriat Shemona, nothing special there. The Hula reserve and the Agamon are very interesting. As for Nof10 - depending on the season Dalia restaurant might be closed, or working only for lunch (happened to me 2 weeks ago), so call to make sure. There is another option - Stumpp, near the entrance to Amirim, nice food.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Northern Israel

Forgot to mention that in Amirim, there are other options too - ordering food to the cabin. You will get a list from the owner and they bring every thing needed. You could also go out, to Lelali Beirut near the entrance to Gush Halav (very good).

6. Re: Travel Northern Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 05:26