We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Consolidator Fares

USA
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Consolidator Fares

Is there a good consolidator ("bucket shop") that deals with flights to Israel from the US? Any that sell discounted El-Al tickets? Thanks.

Seattle
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Consolidator Fares

Check the weekly travel section in the major newspaper from the city you want to fly from.

They don't seem to have the great deals they used to have, since the number of empty seats of flights is way down, airlines don't sell as many of these seats as they used to, nor as cheaply.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,690 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Consolidator Fares

I"ve made ovre 40 trips since 1970 and have never seen discounted El Al flights. What is important to know is that there is often more than one class travel in each section. So, I fly business "Z" which is a discounted business--versus C--and get the same service etc. etc. Problem is, limited availablity of Z tickets. --so you need to make early reservations! ( I don't know letters for economy--speak to a good agent--the ones in the Orthodox Jewish communities are usually most knowledgeable.

YZD
Toronto
Level Contributor
585 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Consolidator Fares

Not certain about consolidators, but US Airways which is just starting service to TLV from Philadephia has VERY low fares right now, and actually just grabbed a couple. Actually ELAL just ran a widely publicized campaign here in Toronto with heavily discounted early and late summer flights.

USA
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Consolidator Fares

I have not studied the fares (yet), but I am assuming that for travel in April- July time frame, a R/T fare around $1000 from east coast USA to TLV would be a very good price. Is that right?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,511 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Consolidator Fares

Yes.

YZD
Toronto
Level Contributor
585 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Consolidator Fares

Yeah, that's about right. US Airways was in the $800 USD/$900 CAD range incl. applicable taxes from Toronto, which is quite low.

7. Re: Consolidator Fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2010, 06:18