We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare from east coast USA to TLV

USA
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Airfare from east coast USA to TLV

We are going to Isrel next June. I am trying to figure out whether to buy airline tickets now or wait until it gets closer. If I can get tickets for about $1100 pp, round trip, is that a good price? If I wait, am I likely to get a materially better fare, in June?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,049 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare from east coast USA to TLV

That's a good price for June, which is getting into peak season. I typically pay about $1,450 from Cincinnati.

Douglas Duckett

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,313 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare from east coast USA to TLV

.... and from California you're looking at about $1600 round trip.

Where would you be originating from?

USA
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare from east coast USA to TLV

Baltimore/Washington area.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,313 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare from east coast USA to TLV

Predicting airfares is a tricky and unpredictable proposition. My experience has always been that I think I eventually find the best airfare and when I check again later the airfare is lower still. I'm a glutton for punishment because I still check!

Flying form BWI to TLV will almost always involve a stop or two. One option might be to fly to JFK from BWI and take a non-stop from JFK to TLV. It may not necessarily be any cheaper but airfares through the eastern corridor seem pretty low right now.

There is a website which claims to be able to predict the future airfares. I have only recently discovered it so I have no idea if it's a good barometer of rates or not.

bing.com/travel/about/howAirPredictions.do

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: Airfare from east coast USA to TLV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2010, 07:19