We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a company to organise a private tour

Lisbon
Level Contributor
14 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a company to organise a private tour

Hi, could anyone recommend me a company that would organise me a private tour in Israel for 2 people? I searched this forum and I found a few but even if I wrote to them, I got no replies. Anyone has a positive experience?

Thanks

Gosia

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,929 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a company to organise a private tour

IF you search the forum there are many tour guides mention and/or posting. Any of them should be able to arrange a tour for you, and then guide you.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
14 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a company to organise a private tour

Believe me, before posting a question I have been reading this forum. I suppsoe any intelligent person would look into the forum if the answer to the question is already there before actually posting a question. But I was pretty sure that the first advice I would get would be to read the forum. I READ IT.

First, there are not LOTS of companies.

One only had packages that were too long. Even if they were interesting and I would consider joining a group, too long.

A few others - I contacted. I did not receive any reply except two. One was extremely expensive and the other asked me for my date of arrival and since then nothing. Maybe there is a problem with attitude or speed but this is not the first time I am trying to organise myself a tour and contact companies in a country but it is the first time that my 20 something emails stay largely unanswered.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a company to organise a private tour

Hi GosiaLisbon,

I'm afraid that some Israeli companies are not very good when it comes to email. Even though it surely affects their business, they are more likely to reply to a fax than an email :-(

Or look for those that have a US toll free number, and call them.

Debi

Lisbon
Level Contributor
14 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a company to organise a private tour

Hmm... US Toll free number does not serve me much.... GosiaLisbon is because I live in Lisbon. I am hoping that someone used a company taht they can recommend me.... There must be at least one that replies emails!

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,031 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a company to organise a private tour

There are several tour guides and tour companies that monitor the forum. I suppose at least one will contact you by PM, maybe not today or tomorrow as it is our weekend, but on Sunday.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a company to organise a private tour

Sorry, GosiaLisbon - of course the US toll free numbers won't help you. I saw you were from Lisbon, and then promptly forgot ....

As Shoshi says - you may very well receive a PM (private message) from some tour companies !

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a company to organise a private tour

If you are needing a guide/driver for just two people that should really not be so very hard to arrange.

However, it is quite expensive........you'll not find a guide/driver who is not asking $450 a day and up.....at least I don't think so.

I recommend making a telephone call instead of dealing by email.

Let me recommend my favorite guide/driver to you and I'll give you both his cell phone number and his home phone number AND his email address, but, please, do make that telephone call. It really is by far the best way to do business.

Moti Dagan's email address is: dagan8@bezeqint.net

His home phone number is: 972 9 741 8197

Cell phone number is: 972 54 805 2266

Tell him that I gave his name/info to you.

Kathy Walters

Paragon, Indiana, USA

cakywalters@iquest.net

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a company to organise a private tour

Hi there Kathy !!

Welcome back - this is the best news possible, to see you here again. I hope that you are fully recovered.

Love,

Debi

Paragon
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a company to organise a private tour

Hey, Debi! (Yes, I'm going way off topic here, but, hope those reading this will not object.............) I'm not fully recovered, but, I am making good, good progress. I see the cardiologist again on the 25th and I'm hoping to get released at that time. We'll see. It's the hardest thing I've ever been through, but, I'm grateful beyond words to be alive! *smile*

Kathy

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a company to organise a private tour

Refuah Shlema, Kathy!!!! Great to see you back on the forum.

GosiaLisbon - you of course have not forgotten that we are here to help you because we wish to, not because we have to. I would therefore ask you to type a shortlist of the companies which you have read about and think could fit your requirements, and we could give you our impressions about them and maybe add more. It is rather difficult answering point blank undetailed questions like yours.