We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Groups

Laguna Beach...
5 posts
Save Topic
Travel Groups

We are planning a trip to Israel in June - July to include a Bar Mitzvah for our son. We are otherwise 5 adults and after examining private tours ($40,000) we opted for a group and want to know if anyone has any experience with Da'at and if so what it was and if there are recommendations and suggestions regarding this group or others please pass them on.

Thanks

SoCalSC

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Groups

Is that a typo? $40,000 seems awfully expensive. What are you getting for that?

Dr. Z

(Fight on 'SC!)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Groups

Daat comes highly recommended and is perfect for a Bar Mitvah trip as they specialize in the Jewish crowd.

Chana

Israel

Laguna Beach...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Groups

It included hotel bookings and travel within Israel and a private car and guide.

It also only included Breakfast no lunches and dinners and did not include the Rabbi.

It seemed to be a little sketchy but might have been terrific and excellent but my better instincts told me not to go with the promise of something without any other guarentee.

Thanks for the question and let you know how the tour with Da'at goes.

Fight on!

Alan

4. Re: Travel Groups

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2010, 21:09
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,775 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Groups

The above post is NOT me. The name as one letter off and obviously the post # and lack of DE status should be obvious. It HAS been reported!

6. Re: Travel Groups

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2010, 21:09
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
418 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Groups

We recently returned from an adult tour with Margaret Morse & it was fabulous - a little over $5,000 each with the fuel surcharge and trip insurance. In June & July they do family tours, including bar & bat mitzvahs and even have a gala party to clebrate. Go to www.margaretmorsetours.com. I looked at the itinerary for family tours & they offer some special activities for the kids, too.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,775 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Groups

Put Margaret mOrse into the Israel search function. They continue to get good reviews on this forum.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
418 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Groups

How do I put them in the Israel search function?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,229 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Groups

At the top of this thread (group of messages on a topic), there is a box saying "Search in Israel forums" and a blank box to the right of it. (The world "Israel" is in a drop-down menu, and you could get more specific to go to a city forum, but in this case, leave "Israel" in that box.) Just type the words "Margaret Morse" in that box, then click the magnifying glass icon to the right of the blank box. That will give you every thread in the Israel forum that mentions "Margaret Morse."

I agree that Margaret Morse gets rave reviews. In fact, I can't remember a negative post about them. I don't travel with group tours, but if I did, I'd probably start with them.

Douglas Duckett