We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family vacation from Israel to Lebanon and Syria, and back

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
717 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Family vacation from Israel to Lebanon and Syria, and back

I could have posted this on the forums of any of these three countries. But eventually, I put it onto the Lebanon forum - might be interesting for visitors of this forum as well:

tripadvisor.com/…28512033

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,114 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family vacation from Israel to Lebanon and Syria, and back

Interesting report. Thanks for sharing. The launchers in your face, in the street--scary, yet somehow the UN forces don't see them!! I wonder what kind of comments your report will illicit on the Lebanon and Syria forums ( was it also linked on the Syria forum?)

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family vacation from Israel to Lebanon and Syria, and back

Fascinating report - I would love to do the same (with my British passport), but the only inaccuracy in your report is that it is possible to do it with dual nationality, and thus dual passports.

In theory you are right, but it is against the law for Israeli citizens to visit Syria, and Lebanon, unless we get a permit from the Ministry of the Interior. I doubt that they give those permits just in order to sightsee, so although possible, it's probably not very advisable. In addition, if your non-Israeli passport says that you live in Israel or were born there (as my husband's French passport and my children's British passports do), it might not be so simple either :-(

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family vacation from Israel to Lebanon and Syria, and back

Nice trip. thou it's illegal for Israeli to travel to Syria and Lebanon.

www.nsc.gov.il/NSCWeb/Templates/FAQ.aspx

I guess u are not Israeli and just live in Jerusalem?

Edited: 13 September 2010, 08:35
Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
717 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family vacation from Israel to Lebanon and Syria, and back

Thank you for your positive feedback to my trip report. The feedback I got on the Syria forum was very different indeed....

Debi and Elad, of course you are right. For Israeli citizens, it is not possible to do that trip. It would be illegal... It seems that I forgot that. Sometimes I feel tempted to live peace even before it actually comes.

No, Elad, I am not an Israeli. I am working with an international organization in Jerusalem for a couple of years - and I will return to my country in one year and a half from now. But until then, I really want to see as much as possible of this region!

5. Re: Family vacation from Israel to Lebanon and Syria, and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2011, 05:35