We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute questions

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
548 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute questions

Been following the forums for months....getting ready to leave for Israel. I promise a detailed trip report when our journey is complete. All of you are"the best".

1. Are the exchange rates different @banks,money changers,P.O? and are $100 bills acceptable to change into NIS???

2. Ba'hai Haifa confusion: Can we walk the terraces w/o a reservation, but a tour of the shrine requires a reservation?

3. A Sunday or Tuesday Zion Walking Tour of City of David may not work for us.So if we go to the City of David website....we can reserve a tour. Where do we tell the taxi driver to leave us off?????

4. Taxi or Sherut from Tel Aviv to jerusalem.....either Saturday evening or early Sunday AM.....which company do you suggest? Approx. price?

5. Palmach Museum: Are the tours in English? or headset provided?

6. Taxi from Ben Gurion to ap't in Tel Aviv. Mid AM. Meter? Flat rate? Yes, we will go to the taxi stand.

Thank you, ALL!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Last Minute questions

If the lunch hosts are religious, then giving a gift is a problem. According to Jewish law, you are not permitted to transfer ownership on shabbat. You can bring food and drink, which are not considered gifts, because they could be consumed as part of the meal.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
548 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Last Minute questions

OY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know a gift would be SO complicated!

YES......they are religious.

Flowers for the 93 yr. old.......a small plant for Adele. They can keep it outside til sundown. YES?

have a great day! Ronnie

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,856 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Last Minute questions

Don't bring a gift, and don't apologise. I am sure they do not expect one.

If your visit is on Shabat get of the taxi a few blocks from their home and walk. This is showing respect and should be enough.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
548 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Last Minute questions

Shoshi.......we'll be driving. Will try to park a bit away from their home!

And, OK....you convinced me. No gift. No apologies!

This has truly been a cultural learning lesson and I appreciate it.

15. Re: Last Minute questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 06:49