We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trouble re-entering the UK

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Trouble re-entering the UK

I am an Aussie living in London on a working holiday visa. I am planing a trip to Israel, Jordan and Egypt. I have heard that I may have trouble re-entering the UK after having visited Israel. Does anyone have any info of experiences with this?

Thanks

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trouble re-entering the UK

I knew that Israel is not very popular these days in the UK but I don't think that we are not that popular!!!

I have never heard of someone who had a problem getting back to UK after visiting Israel.

But then, who can know with those English....

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,093 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trouble re-entering the UK

Then you will just have to spend the rest of your life in Israel ! Do you like hummus ? :-)

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,166 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trouble re-entering the UK

The problem might be in your "working holiday visa" not the trip to Israel. Did you visit anyother place where you had to go thru immigration and get a stamp in your passport? Visiting Israel, Jordan, Egypt etc... is not the problem.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,697 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trouble re-entering the UK

By all means, contact your Australian Embassy in the UK to find out . Acutally, you may also want to contact the UK authorities to find out.

Dr. Z

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trouble re-entering the UK

I don't think it has anything to do with a visit in Israel.. However it could be an issue if you leave the UK. you need to check with the UK's interior ministry if your working visa expire if you leave the UK.

6. Re: Trouble re-entering the UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2011, 06:17