We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which months are too hot to tour the country?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Which months are too hot to tour the country?

I'm just starting to plan a guided tour of the country. Is it too hot to tour during June - Sept? What are the most ideal months?

thanks

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,310 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which months are too hot to tour the country?

This question comes up often and I'll repeat what I've said before..... How hot is totaly subjective!

Personally, I love hot weather and think nothing of hiking Masada when it's 100 F or going to the North when it's 90 F with equal humidity, both of which are in your timeframe.

If you want to ask when the most temperate times are with minimal chance of rain, less chance of hot days, and less chance for cooler sweater weather, then I would say mid April to mid June are a good bet.

Dr. Z

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which months are too hot to tour the country?

July and August would be too hot for my tastes -- but then I am pretty heat intolerant. But huge numbers of people do tour the country then, so as drillnfill says, that is a subjective questions. June can be hot but is more manageable than July and August. I found May weather to be perfection.

Enjoy whenever you go!

Douglas Duckett

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which months are too hot to tour the country?

Since you asked which are too hot I will presume you are not a big fan of heat. I find July and August brutal. The first half of September is pretty hot as well. After that its all very manageable.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which months are too hot to tour the country?

In my opinion the ideal months are March,April,May.

it is very possible to travel also in other months... but I find the spring a very good season to travel in Israel.

Israel
Level Contributor
415 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which months are too hot to tour the country?

We try to stay indoors during June-September. We love hiking during the rest of the year, "winter" included. We spent a week hiking in the south, from Eilat to Makhtesh Ramon in December and it was wonderful. Not the least bit cold, just not scorching hot.

If I had to pick one month, I would have to say March. Everything is green and in bloom and the weather is great, unless you get a few rainy days (usually quite manageable with an umbrella).

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which months are too hot to tour the country?

I agree with Elad. As I said earlier, May is just ideal. But I would love to come sometime in March to see the flowers. A goal for the future!

Douglas Duckett

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which months are too hot to tour the country?

How hot is too hot for you?

I vote for March - mild weather and daylight savings time.

8. Re: Which months are too hot to tour the country?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2011, 05:16