We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight arrival times

Calabasas...
Level Contributor
609 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
flight arrival times

I have been looking at various flights from Los Angeles to Tel Aviv. I noticed that a lot of the flights arrive in the middle of the night. How easy/difficult is it to get transportation from the airport to a hotel between the hours of 11 pm and 5 am? Are many hotels open to receiving guests at that time?

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
717 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight arrival times

The taxi companies and hotels are used to it...

Late night arrivals and (very!) early morning departures seem to be an inevitable part of most Israel trips.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,882 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight arrival times

The airport is open and functioning and if you didn't look outside and see the dark you would think it was the middle of the day. Same goes for taxis. Hotel desks are open 24/7 unless you are going to a really small inexpensive hotel. Check-in time at hotels is usually around 2-3PM If you are checking in the day before make sure the hotel knows you are a late arrival so they don't think you are a no-show. If you decide to save the money and not check in, your hotel will store your bags until it is time to check in.

My recommendation--if you arrive at 11PM--get a room. Arriving at 5 --the earliest you'll be at the hotel is 7-7:30 and it doesn't pay.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight arrival times

The train form the airport to Tel Aviv is working 24 hours a day (not including the Shabbat).

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,662 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight arrival times

Hi cpamomma -

El Al still offers a daily non-stop LAX to TLV which arrives around 2 pm. This is the flight i take when visiting and find the times to be very convenient. Just keep in mind that it's a long 15 hours stuck at 35,000 feet.

Dr. Z

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight arrival times

" The train from the airport is working 24 hours .." - yes, but that does not really help late at night. The only stop after midnight is Savidor where there is no regular taxi station.

Calabasas...
Level Contributor
609 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flight arrival times

Thanks for the info everyone. Drill--I checked the El Al site. I think that may be the best option . I really love that they have non-stop flights from Los Angeles!

7. Re: flight arrival times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2011, 06:25