We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heads up Sinai shark(s) take a toll

israel
Destination Expert
for Mitspe Ramon
Level Contributor
730 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Heads up Sinai shark(s) take a toll

Not wanting to bad mouth and not as if it couldn't happen in Eilat or Akkaba (because it certainly could) but over the last 10 days or so several bathers have been attacked by a shark or sharks along the Sinai coast namely around Sharam El Sheik.

No one knows what type of shark or why and all the attacks have been fatal.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,399 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heads up Sinai shark(s) take a toll

The ocean can be a dangerous place anywhere in the world.

San Juan...
Level Contributor
558 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heads up Sinai shark(s) take a toll

Sorry to hear about this.

However, when I first saw the title of this post I thought you were using the word "sharks" euphemistically--as in "beware of the merchants in Sinai who are sharks".

I guess I am used to seeing the occasional alarmist headline like that in TA Israel Forum posts.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heads up Sinai shark(s) take a toll

According to Egyptian Minister of Environment the shark was caught

…ahram.org.eg/NewsContentP/1/1057/Egypt/Shar…

4. Re: Heads up Sinai shark(s) take a toll

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2011, 05:24