We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewish tours to Israel

AZ
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Jewish tours to Israel

I am looking for an excellent tour company for a tour to Israel. Any suggestions????

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,569 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewish tours to Israel

Welcome to the Israel forum.

There are many many companies that run Jewish tours to Israel. It is hard to recommend one without knowing the following:

1. when do you want to go

2. how long a tour

3. who is going ( approx. age)

4. Do you want 100% Jewish sites or do you want a more general type of tour

5. Orthodox-Conservative-REform?

AZ
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewish tours to Israel

My husband and I are in our 60's and are looking for a Conservative Jewish tour for spring 2012. We were thinking of at least 14 days.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,779 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewish tours to Israel

People on this forum speak highly of Margaret Morse tours.

Douglas Duckett

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,569 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewish tours to Israel

Margaret morse is the one i've recommended to personal, off line friends. ( they are still debating) They seem to fill up quickly. This is based on what I read here as well as what I hear when I speak to people in Israel who are in the middle of a Margaret MOrse tour.

The other alternative is a trip put together by Jewish Federation

www.jewishfederations.org/page.aspx?id=217830

Unfortunately, they are shorter than you want, so going with them means extendeding the trip and staying on your own---and this too has clear advantages, time for independent travel!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,534 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewish tours to Israel

You can also see if the United Synagogue will have any trips planned for your timeline. As an example, see: uscj.org/images/hazak_israel_trip_november_2…

They obviously, don't yet have schedules up for 2012 - but it is something you can look into - or check with your congregation if they have something planned. Another option is to check with your local JCC - they often have various tours available and information regarding various group tours to Israel.

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
997 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewish tours to Israel

I highly recommend Margaret Morse.

7. Re: Jewish tours to Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2011, 05:18