We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidays 2012

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
895 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Holidays 2012

My husband and I were all set to visit israel and other places this year and I had planned our itinerary to miss the holidays and come at the beginning of September. Now, due to hubby being hospitalised for the last 2 weeks because of a spectacular fall on Christmas Day, he's decided a big trip this year would be too much for him - psychologically, more than physically, I think. So hopefully we can come next year. It may actually work out better weather wise as we'd be able to come later and we'd also avoid Ramadan whilst touring Jordan and Syria. So, am I right in believing that anytime after October 9 2012 would avoid major Jewish holidays? I'm also keen to avoid school holidays so that accomodation costs are not too high.

Cheers DL

Mentioned in this post
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
Syria
Syria
Middle East
Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidays 2012

use this link to know when all the holiday starts and end

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_holidays_2000-2050

School year starts at September 1st and ends June 20th (or July 1st for primary schools).

Academic year is a bit different.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,867 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidays 2012

I hope that your husband is recuperating and on the way back to good health. So sorry to hear about his fall.

You are correct - in 2012 the last day of the fall holidays is Oct. 8 - which means that kids go back to school on Oct. 10. At that point things will get quieter, at least in terms of visitors who come to spend the holidays in Israel and Israeli families traveling around the country. This will also signal the end of high-season in terms of hotel prices and the difficulty in finding hotel rooms.

We'll just see you here a year later.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
895 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidays 2012

Thanks for the information, Oreets.

Hubby should be home from hospital tomorrow and then it's just time (and pain, I expect) until his fractured ribs heal. I am not a religious person, but believe all things happen for a reason, and although we won't get to Israel this year, when we do come we may be able to spend more time there and the weather should be more pleasant. And it gives me more time to plan.

Cheers

DL

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
4. Re: Holidays 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2011, 06:26