We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather and clothing

West Orange, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
weather and clothing

my wife and i will be in israel from november 1 thru 13. our tour will take us from the golan heights in the north to masada in the south. what kind of weather should we expect? how should we dress. on our tour? we are only allowed one suitcase each. paciking for 13 days will not be easy. any help we can get will be appreciated.

acceseddy

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather and clothing

Hi!

The weather in Israel generally warm-hot, even in the winter we get temperatures alot higher than europe. i live near the dead sea so its pretty warm here all year, but in november to be up north on the height of the Galil I think you have to have something to put on you.

One coat I think is enough, no need to run to the store and buy sub zero equipment. You will be surprised about the weather, specially in the south.

November can be a little cold in Jerusalem if you plan to go through...

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather and clothing

November can be a bit rainy. I would bring a lite jacket and some long T shirts just in case. Most chances that the days will be warm and sunny.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather and clothing

November 2010 was hot and dry. Lets see what October 2011 is to see if the awful weather of 2010 will be in 2011.

Edited: 21 January 2011, 21:19
Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather and clothing

The evening weather can be cool and rain is possible, especialy in the North. But daytime, especially in Masada, can be quite warm, so tou will need summer clothing, including a good sun hat.

Given your luggage restrictions, I'd advise packing clothing than can be layered easily for easy addition/removal of layers for when the temperature changes. This is especially true if you are going to be out in the evenings.

Pack lightweight rain gear, a sweater or sweatshirt or microfleece jacket, and also shorts and t-shirts and a lightweight skirt. Comfortable walking sandals and comfortable closed shoes.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,813 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather and clothing

I think Shoshi said it best. No meteorologist would predict that far out--we shouldn't be either. This year was very warm-hot, next year may be cold and rainy. Check back in Oct 2011 and we will be able to see better what the trend appears to be.

6. Re: weather and clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2012, 06:16