We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Awesome website to plan for Israel

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Awesome website to plan for Israel

Ive been gathering info through books, websites, and TA for the past few months to try a plan a future trip to Israel. I just stumbled onto this interactive website which I think is full of super helpfull info on Israel so I thought Id post it here in case it can be of some help to others trying to plan their trip to Israel.

www.eyeonisrael.com

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,753 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Awesome website to plan for Israel

It is a good site ( but not personalized for you, like us) I only wish I knew who sponsored it.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,212 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Awesome website to plan for Israel

Thanks for sharing - it has a lot to offer but I don't think it's too user friendly and has only selected, limited information regarding hotels, attractions, sites, etc.

I hope they will be expanding it soon.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Awesome website to plan for Israel

Very nice site!

I liked the train moving around the map :)

From what I have checked about Haifa.. the site gives accurate information... this site might help as another source of information.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
3,877 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Awesome website to plan for Israel

I have two major problems with this site.

1. I hate Flash based sites. It's OK to use a bit of flash but not to base the entire site on it, It's inefficient and can be relay annoying to navigate.

2. Hardly no information on the hotels and clicking on the name only takes you to the hotel's web site. You'll get better results from Google maps where a serach for hotels near Tel Aviv, for instance, will bring you a comprehensive list, including location, reviews and links to the hotels web sites

3. I don't trust websites that hide their identity. Who's behind this web site? what's his agenda? we don't know because they don't even have the basic "about us" section.

5. Re: Awesome website to plan for Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 18:19